Positive pressure fan controller
My aims (in order of priority):
- Tell a 240V fan to turn on and draw outside (less humid) air to basement and turn off if the outside air is more humid than the basement
- To be able to change the speed of the fan depending on the level of humidity
- To be able to view and adjust logic parameters on my Android phone
- User override (off/vary speed)
- Outside humidity & temperature
- Room humidity & temperature
- to control the potentiometer (that comes with fan) on a 240V AC fan – either ‘off’ or 25-100% of power
- wirelessly display inputs & output on Android app
- wirelessly control output & logic on Android app
- If outside humidity > room humidity = fan off
- If outside temp > 1.5x higher than room temp = fan off
- If room humidity >80% + outside humidity < room humidity = fan 100%
- If room humidity >50% <80% + outside humidity < room humidity = fan 25% to 99%
- If room humidity <50% + outside humidity < room humidity = fan 25%
- If time = 14:00 to 20:00 = fan 25% (or fan off (depends on other logic state))
Is this doable?
Do I just need (for the very basic ‘control only’ system):
1 x Arduino board (which one!?)
2 x DHT22 sensors
1 x electronic potentiometer
1 x power supply
Will the logic work? Can this be easily programed?
Is there a way to use my Android handset to control it (change the logic parameters) via Wi-Fi?
Is there a way to log the inputs/outputs to a networked PC?
Can I add other sensors to monitor other rooms or use for extra logic inputs?
Basically I can solder, and that’s about all I have in terms of skill…