void loop?

I have repeatedly had issues with my arduinos not entering into void loop(). Can anyone shed light on this?

I haven't posted any code because it's done it with many sketches.

In the meantime I'm manually calling loop() from setup and the end of void loop().

If the code in setup( ) causes your Arduino to hang or reset, it won't get to loop( ).

You do not call loop(), when setup() is finished, you are automatically are taken to loop(). After the last instruction in loop() you go back to the start of it. Unless of course you use return inside of loop().

I haven't posted any answer.

Is it anything to do with this "fix" ?

Post one of your programs that have this issue.

Try the 'blink' sketch.

If that works, add bits from your setup a line at a time until it does not work. (i.e., classic debugging strategy.)

Dejavu: I have repeatedly had issues with my arduinos not entering into void loop(). Can anyone shed light on this?

In the meantime I'm manually calling loop() from setup and the end of void loop().

Until now you have two postings in this forum

In the other posting you described exactly how you destroyed your Arduino software:

I went in and opened main.cpp with wordpad (nothing fancy required) and I changed the only line referencing 'loop' to 'void loop'.

So what? You first destroy your Arduino software by editing the core files with an text editor?

And next thing is to ask why the Arduino software is no longer working as expected?

Have you tried downloading and re-installing the software? If that still doesn't work, try downloading a different version of the software.

This is what main() should look like (from version 1.0.6):

int main(void)
{
    init();

initVariant();

#if defined(USBCON)
    USBDevice.attach();
#endif

setup();

for (;;) {
        loop();
        if (serialEventRun) serialEventRun();
    }

return 0;
}

Note the call to loop() in the for-loop. If you've monkeyed with that you've broken things. Unbreak them.

One of the nice things about the Arduino system (IMHO) is that "it just works"

It takes a clever ... person to break it.

...R

The classic "I didn't touch anything" problem.

(For those that don't know, this statement means: "Yes I did touch something and one of the things I touched is the cause of this problem but I don't yet know which.")