Wemos D1 pro store values

Hi to all, I have the Wemos D1 mini pro and I want to store some values in case of power failure. I know that this device doesn't have EEPROM but I tried to use the example code EEPROM and throws error:

ERROR! EEPROM commit failed

i tried this example with Arduino IDE 2.1 this example but throws garbage when I read the EEPROM. Could this be related to some settings on flash Size? Right now I set the Flash Size to 15MB
I need to store just 20 values
thanks

ran on an ESP8266 File>Examples>EEPROM>eeprom_write and eeprom_read OK

Thanks for your reply, I already tried that but still getting the "ERROR! EEPROM commit failed". I have the board selected correctly on the arduino IDE. Maybe somthing with the settings?
thanks

what tools>board have you selected? I tend to use Generic ESP8266 Module
EDIT: also used LOLIN(WEMOS) D1 mini pro worked OK

Hi again!! If I selected wemos d1 r2 Im able to use the EEPROM and the values are stored. But using the wemos d1 pro still got the same result.

does the device have a lable? my device is labled "D1 MINI PRO Basesd ESP-8266EX"
if not do you have a link to the device?
or upload a photo?

Screenshot_20231102_143517
this wemos I have

there are a number of WEMOS D1 boards - this looks like yours
the tools>Board selected in the example is LOLIN(WEMOS) D1 R2 & mini