What is Arduino OS Version-2.0.1-arduino-os ??

Hi,

I just got a Yun and it comes with this version called Arduino OS Version-2.0.1-arduino-os

What is this? Why is this version ot anywhere on the Arduino site. The latest version is supposed to be 1.5.3. which I am going to install on this thing anyway because I think this 2.0.1 interface is hideous to say the least.

Also my Yun says ARDUINO.ORG under the Ethernet port. How do I know aht date and hardware version this is? The docs talk about hw bought 2014 or before or after 2015 so how do I know?

TIA,
Alex

It looks like it's this:

Strangely the releases jump from 2.0.0 to 2.0.3. Maybe they deleted some for some reason. It's uncertain what the future is of the arduino-org repositories since arduino.org no longer exists. I'd expect that arduino.cc now owns those repositories but I haven't gotten a definitive answer about whether they will be maintained.

To follow up on my question above here is the /etc/linino_version:

DISTRIB_ID="Linino"
DISTRIB_RELEASE="lininoIO"
DISTRIB_REVISION="eef0511"
DISTRIB_CODENAME="attitude_adjustment"
DISTRIB_TARGET="ar71xx/generic"
BUILD_DATE="2016-04-19"

The build date is A LOT newer that the 1.5.4 which is Nov 14 2014.

What is the difference between Linino, OpenWRT Yun and this "Arduino OS" that is installed on my Yun

pert:
It looks like it's this:
GitHub - bcmi-labs/Arduino-OS: JavaScript Web Desktop Platform for LininoOS-Based Board, like Yún and Tian

Strangely the releases jump from 2.0.0 to 2.0.3.

I just upgraded to 1.5.3 which seemed to have bricked the Yún board so I had to completely flash everything, voiding my warranty I guess, but on the other hand this Arduino OS seemed like it was really going in the wrong direction and I would have abandoned Arduino altogether if that was the future of the Yun.

I really hope to G~d that Arduino does not pursue this "Desktop" idea for the Yún front-end. It's hideous, bloated and useless. The interface needs to remain clean, aligned with OpenWRT and easily hackable.

Anyway, if someone else has this problem I used the instruction here:

And replaced all the parts: The kernel, the OpenWRT Yun and the U-boot because even the boot loader was Linino.

Now I just have to figure out why the LEDs are not working properly, I guess I'll look into a Yun Shield I have laying around to see if I can replicate the Luci setting for the LEDs.