where do I find "LedControl.h"

Hi Everyone,

A number of sketches I have attempted to up load say ensure that "LedControl.h" library is up loaded.

I have looked in each library associated withe details of the sketch , but no "LedControl.h" can be found.

I AM Very new to Sketches.

Can someone show me what I am doing wrong please.

Colin vk2jcc

Please post a link to where you found these sketches.

Find it here perhaps (I just searched for LedControl.h) - Releases · wayoda/LedControl · GitHub

Steve

Hi,
I did up load that but still had problems.

This is a big learning curve.

What I really want to do is use a Si5351 to replace a crystal in a radio.
This sketch was used by a guy in New Zealand and I added a bit at the front so that I could see the frequency on the LED 20x4 blue LED.

not much luck really.

Your help would be much appreciated as it always seem that there is always a missing "library of some kind"

cheers Colin vk2jcc

AWA25MY20JAN.ino (9.71 KB)

Please provide a detailed description of what you mean by "still had problems". If you're getting any error messages, then post the full and exact text of the errors.

Thank you for your time.

The subject title is misleading sorry.

I got confused between two sketches, I have been playing with several.

I want to use a Si5351 signal generator with a rotary encoder and Blue 20,4 LCD to show the frequency.

I added to the front of the sketch, but its only discovery learning!

He is the error report I received

"lcd does not name a type"

I have attached the sketch again.

Not sure what further library should be added to correct the error.

Feel free to hack it.

cheers and thank you

Colin

AWA25MY20JAN.ino (9.71 KB)

colincolin:
"lcd does not name a type"

That is in no way the "full and exact text of the errors" I requested.

Please do this:

• When you encounter an error, you'll see a button on the right side of the orange bar "Copy error messages" in the Arduino IDE (or the icon that looks like two pieces of paper at the top right corner of the black console window in the Arduino Web Editor). Click that button..
  • In a forum reply here, click on the reply field.
  • Click the </> button on the forum toolbar. This will add the forum's code tags markup to your reply.
  • Press "Ctrl + V". This will paste the error between the code tags.
  • Move the cursor outside of the code tags before you add any additional text to your reply.

If the text exceeds the forum's 9000 character limit, save it to a .txt file and post it as an attachment. If you click the "Reply" button here, you will see an "Attachments and other settings" link.

colincolin:
Not sure what further library should be added to correct the error.

The problem isn't a missing library. The problem is that you haven't taken the time to understand the code. Without doing that, you'll only end up with a lot of frustration, confusion, and wasted time.

The error you posted is caused by this:

//Set the lcd address

// set up the LCD's number of columns and rows:
{  lcd.begin(20, 4);
  // Print a message to the LCD.
  lcd.print("frequency");//YOU CAN CHANGE IT
}

It looks like a fragment of a function.

But there are other problems. You have two setup functions and two loop functions. That's not allowed. You can't just paste two sketches together.

You are missing a closing brace at the end of the code.