Which camera is the easiest to use with arduino uno to take photos?

Hello, i am working on an arduino project , which determines if a user is authorized to enter the building/room by requesting his RFID card and PIN number. We want to take a photo of a person, if he/she uses unauthorized card or inputs the wrong PIN 3 times. We have an working SD card module, so we would store the photos there. Can you please advise me which camera should i use for this purpose? Thank you!

The Uno doesn't have enough memory to deal with photos.

The Raspberry Pi is a better choice, and a matching, good quality camera module is available for it.

jremington:
The Uno doesn't have enough memory to deal with photos.

What about serial interface? it should handle it or am i wrong?

Using a serial interface and a serial camera, the Arduino could transfer data one byte at a time between the camera and the SD card.

What about serial interface? it should handle it or am i wrong?

Wrong. Using any sort of photographic image with an Arduino is not on. Which you would have found with the simplest of searches.

It might make more sense to use a full-on camera and just let the Arduino trigger it. There are tons of examples of using an Arduino to trigger a camera to take a picture. Then let the camera store things on its own card.

There are many cameras that work with the Arduino. However if the Arduino is handling the data (such as saving to an SD card) then the resolution must be extremely low. 100x100 pixels would be large.

The little avatar pictures on this forum are that size. Too small to recognize a face unless the person is directly in front of the camera with good lighting.

Is the Arducam website still active?

My DSLR''s remote socket is triggered by a single transistor connected to an Arduino output pin.

Doesn't get much simpler.

samuelgregorovic:
Hello, i am working on an arduino project , which determines if a user is authorized to enter the building/room by requesting his RFID card and PIN number. We want to take a photo of a person, if he/she uses unauthorized card or inputs the wrong PIN 3 times. We have an working SD card module, so we would store the photos there. Can you please advise me which camera should i use for this purpose? Thank you!

I don't know if this would fit your particular application, but most dash cameras can be triggered on/off just by turning their 12v DC power on/off, which should be pretty simple with an Arduino. They also have internal storage on microSD cards. I use a Mobius dash camera in my race car, very compact, about 60mm x 35mm x 20mm.