Which IDE do you use?

I am used to working with Eclipse or Visual Studio. In comparison the Arduino IDE is quite bare and, well, not too user-friendly. Code completion, highlighting, (auto)formatting, find references, unused variables, etc. is all missing.

Is there a better IDE out there?

I did check the Arduino Eclipse plugin (baeyens.it) - but it's not working with Arduino 1.6.3.

I found a list of IDEs here: http://www.intorobotics.com/alternatives-standard-arduino-ide-one-choose/ - but have no idea which ones are really used.

I suspect none of the have been updated for 1.6.3 yet; there are some major differences.

EMACS! Plus tags, and mkid, and RCS or github.

I just use the Geany text editor and use the Arduino IDE for compiling and uploading.

I tried Eclipse years ago (for Ruby coding) and I felt it just got in the way.

...R

For Windows, Codeblocks seemed quite good but Arduino Uploader refuses to work on my home PC so ditched it in the end. I now use a portable version of Notepad++ with additions to do Arduino syntax highlight, C++ formatting and a macro to launch the Arduino IDE with current sketch for compilation and uploading.

westfw:
I suspect none of the have been updated for 1.6.3 yet; there are some major differences.

www.visualmicro.com has already a beta for 1.6.3. Just downloading it now ...