Why does my posted code look like this?

I have just spent a very frustrating hour plus, trying to post some simple code..

I have read the notes about how to post on the forum and used the "#" button.

I have used Ctrl+Shift+C to copy the code after highlighting it. The message above the message panel says "Code formatted for the Arduino forum has been copied to your clipboard."

Why does it look like this?

[quote]
#include [color=#006699]"Wire.h"[/color]
[color=#CC6600]void[/color] [color=#CC6600][b]setup[/b][/color]()
{
  [color=#CC6600]Wire[/color].[color=#CC6600]begin[/color](); 
  [color=#CC6600][b]Serial[/b][/color].[color=#CC6600]begin[/color](9600);
   [color=#CC6600][b]Serial[/b][/color].[color=#CC6600]print[/color]([color=#006699]" setup"[/color]);
   [color=#CC6600][b]Serial[/b][/color].[color=#CC6600]print[/color]([color=#006699]"\t"[/color]);

[/quote]

I don't think that format thing in the ide works. I just go ctl-t to format the indents and such, then ctl-a ctl-c then ctl-v into the forum

you can copy the code as quote on the forum, but as quotes do not provide scrollbars posts tend to be BIG.

Please follow the procedure as JimboZA told + use code tags (# button)

Thank you.

Can I suggest that something like this be added to the posting instructions right at the top of each section, about how to post code?

Code questions usually go in the Programming forum; there is a Sticky thread there on posting code.

Very bold of you to put such colourful statements in your setup function. :slight_smile:

Code questions usually go in the Programming forum; there is a Sticky thread there on posting code.

That thread refers to an icon that has changed since the "upgrade" so good luck in getting people to post code properly.