Wireless communication. 1 Master... several slaves

Hello,

I intend to build a monitoring system with several small arduinos transmitting data to a central master arduino that publishes it on a website. I believe I have 2 options>

1- What kind of communication scheme may I use to have several slaves with a one-way rf link to the single master?
2- Or are there any 2 way modules I can use so that the master requests the data one slave at a time?

This is my first time with RF and arduinos…

Any suggestions?

1. RF433 MHz modules.
  2. 2.4GHz modules - nrf24L01+

http://yourduino.com/sunshop2/index.php?l=product_list&c=12

I have something like you are talking about which I use to control model trains. My system uses Cypress 2.4GHz transceivers (I presume NRF24 is similar). The master sends a series of commands each with a unique ID for one locomotive. When a loco recognizes its ID it sends back some data and acts on the command.

…R

Check the Souliss proyect, it may be helpful to you.

Thank you all for the replies! Really helpful!

Regards,

• Juan

Yes, using Souliss data will be transferred on event base and will be available on the project Android application. If can also push data to Xively or Emoncms through the app itself.

Is a simple setup, actually you can do it with nRF24 or Chibiduino boards.

Regards, Dario.

Robin2: I have something like you are talking about which I use to control model trains. My system uses Cypress 2.4GHz transceivers (I presume NRF24 is similar). The master sends a series of commands each with a unique ID for one locomotive. When a loco recognizes its ID it sends back some data and acts on the command.

...R

CAN YOU POST AN EXAMPLE PLEASE AS I AM DOING EXACTLY THIS!!!

I can send data from master to slave nanos in the locos, but how do you handle the id and then command part?

I know how to listen for a character say, and then do something, but how do you send and receive multiple inputs? e.g, the ID and then a command??

I WAS thinking about using a byte, then spiltting it into nibbles to give me 15 possible IDs and 15 possible commands, but that seems too hard for what I need to do!! i.e FORWARD, REVERSE, FULLSTOP and maybe LIGHTS ON/OFF!!!

Please help!!!

Thanks in advance,

Angelo

This is a very old Thread. I am now using nRF24L01+ transceivers as they are quite commonly used with Arduinos and they are cheap and readily available. Have a look at this Simple nRF24L01+ Tutorial

...R

Hey! I have been working on similar kind of project!! Any help will be greatly appreciated. thanks

VinayakP55: Hey! I have been working on similar kind of project!! Any help will be greatly appreciated. thanks

This is a very old Thread. I suggest you start your own Topic and tell us as much as you can about your project and specifically what you need help with.

Have you studied my Tutorial?

...R