Wireless sensor selection for Water Level Controller

Hi, I am new to this forum and need help for my project. I want to make a water level controller for my home. Plastic overhead tank (2000 Ltr) is installed at the top of my 2 floor building (total height from ground will be approx. 30 ft.)
For water level sensor I am using magnetic float switch. Using an Arduino Uno I will generate the sensor data near the overhead tank and want to transmit the data to the display and controlling unit installed at the ground floor.
Pls suggest the wireless module I should use for error-free wireless transmission so I can transmit the data at all weathers.
In India the temperature will vary from 10-45 degree Celsius . Multiple walls and 3 roofs will be in between.

The best way is to use the water pipe as the means of communication between the tank and the pump. The tank would be fitted with a ballcock valve. When the tank is full, the valve is closed. The pressure in the pipe rises. The pump senses the rise in pressure and switches off. Simple, reliable, no Arduino required.

Sorry but this is not possible because Submersible pumps delivers high pressure. Reverse pressure will damage the pump.
I need the thing to be automated that's why I am using Arduino to design my requirement

Pressure, by definition, is in all directions, there is no such thing as "reverse pressure".

If the pump cannot achieve higher pressure than the water in the pipe, it will not be able to fill your tank.

You could fit a pressure switch (also called a flow switch) in the pipe near the pump that will be able to switch off the pump. At 33 feet (~10m) you need a pressure of a little over 1 barr to fill the tank, so if your pressue switch turns off the pump at ~2 barr that should be ok I think.

Does this mean that this "sensor" works this way

waterlevel is below a certain height. Magnet "falls down" = switch is opened.
waterlevel reaches a certain height. Magnet is floating up which will make the switch closed
?

So it is a simple signal tank completely full / tank not full ?

from what materials are the walls and the roof build?

• steel reinforced concrete
  • clay
  • bricks
  • steel trapezoidal sheets

The NRF24L01+ work on 2,4 GHz. The higher the frequency the more the signal is dampened down to become weak.

In such circumstances I would prefer a 0,433 GHz = 433 MHz transmitter like the HC-12 modules
Another option can be a connection over CAN-Bus.
CAN-BUS can work over distances of hundreds of meters very reliably.
So if you can put a twisted pair of wires around all edges where it doesn't matters if the wire will be 20 meters or 60 meters or even 200 meters. This will work very reliable.

best regards Stefan

1 Like

Chat GPT junk and associated replies deleted.

Hi StefanL38 -
What you described about Magnetic float switch is correct and I am using it in same way.
Roofs will be of Concrete, walls of bricks.
HC-12 range can decrease when crossing walls and roofs.
CAN-Bus cannot be used as I don't have place for any kind of wiring that's the need of wireless.
LoRa is what I want to try, just looking more details about its external antenna.