WTB: Code to run two relays

Hi, I am updating my burglar alarm, and need to operate two relays triggered by the alarm output (12 volt). I want to learn the programming, but don't have time to focus on it at the moment.

I have a new Arduino board, and the relay shield that fits over it. When the alarm is triggered I need one relay to close for 3 seconds then then go back to normally open. After a 3 second delay I need the second relay to close for 4 seconds then open. After one minute I'd like for it to loop one more time.

Thanks,

Greg

triggered by the alarm output (12 volt)

You can not reduce the 12 volt output to 5V in software. That is a hardware problem.

When the alarm is triggered I need one relay to close for 3 seconds then then go back to normally open. After a 3 second delay I need the second relay to close for 4 seconds then open. After one minute I'd like for it to loop one more time.

If you did understand how to program the Arduino, could YOU implement these requirements? I make a living programming computers, and I couldn't. You might have a clue what "loop one more time" means. I do not.

What happens if the alarm signal goes LOW? Should the screaming and wailing (or whatever the relays are controlling) happen again anyway? What happens if, after the second episode of screaming and wailing (or whatever actually happens), no one does anything about the alarm?

Hi Greg,

Can you provide any more detail?

See PM for more specific questions.

Pat