0-10V signal output for controlling dimmer

Hi all I have seen a few different topics here but non that give me a solid soluation to run with.
what I want ESP32 or the like, running Arduino coding to control a 1-10V dimmer to control an LED driver.

I have a fitting i want to have a "breathing" effect on the 4 groups Concisely planned
out, each group dims up and down at different times creating a 15-minute loop. Spanning from 10% - 100% lighting intensity, installation has 11 balls that are
programmed to dim from 10% - 100%. Each group dims down over a 2 second span to 10%, they then hold this intensity for
30-60 seconds and then over a 2 second span dim back to either 75% or 100%.

I have looked at WLED but will need 4 sets it do the groups, I have 4 power supplies and all use 1-10v dimmer so if i can get a code to run that it will get me what i want.

Depending on which Arduino you choose, it can provide an analogue output of 0-3V or 0-5V.

To make that 0-10V, you need some sort of amplifier.

The simplest would be just a switch that switches a 10V supply (a digital amplifier) fed by a 3V or 5V PWM output from the Arduino ...

It can provide PWM at 0-3.3v or 0-5v, not analog.

Please show us the dimmer and or a link to the dimmer, it may take PWM input, and it may not.
If not then a filtered PWM signal can be created to produce a 'near-analog' 0-10v signal if you have supply voltage available that exceeds 10v

Depends which Arduino you're talking about; eg, the UNO R4 has a DAC...

Those are new and expensive but yes.
On that note, i've always gone for filtering, but i guess creating a DAC using a bitshifter and resistor circuit would also be a nice project.

The SAMD21, SAM3XE, and nRF52 also have DACs - so anything based on them should also be able to do it...

EDIT: and ESP32

@keeelectrical
The ESP32s have a special peripheral for controlling LEDs.

The LED control (LEDC) peripheral is primarily designed to control the intensity of LEDs, although it can also be used to generate PWM signals for other purposes.

ESP32s have from 6 to 16 channels which can generate independent waveforms, that can be used for example to drive RGB LED devices.

The Arduino core has a few examples, one for fading, one for RGB control.

All you need now is some simple hardware to generate the 0-10V signal.

Meanwell LED power supplies with a DIM inputs could already have that 10volt available on the DIM pins. With those dimmers, all you need is an opto coupler between ESP32 and LED supply.
Post links to the supplies and LEDs you want to use.
Leo..

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.