2 Pots in parallel

Forgive this noob. Getting erratic input values (small changes then suddenly a big jump) when wiring two pots in parallel. What am I doing wrong?

1. Did you use linear pots, usually marked with a 'B', like 10kB.

2. Did you measure the pots with a DMM, to find the wiper and the ends of the pot.
    Leo..

Wiring two pots in parallel. You are headed for a few fried parts. Assuming you have VCC and ground across each pot, what happens when one is rotated to VCC and the Other ground. You can put a resistor on each wiper and sum after the resisters. Your sketch does not show that. Pots have a taper and it sounds like you may have audio taper pots in your circuit. Connect your multi meter across ground and the wiper and see how it performs, if rapid change on one end it is most likely an audio taper. This response is to help you get started in solving your problem, not solve it for you.
Good Luck & Have Fun!
Gil

Wawa, yes they are 10BK1s by Bourns and linear. I've worked out the pins. Individually they work and give me the desire output but when running of a common V+ and common ground they do not.

Gil, thanks, appreciate the tact. Yes schoolboy stuff here no doubt.

Time to measure that 3.3volt across the pot and the wiper outputs when you play with the sliders.
Leo..

Hi,
I think if you look at the OPs diagram, he has two independent pots, with two independent inputs.

Wiring two pots in parallel. You are headed for a few fried parts. Assuming you have VCC and ground across each pot, what happens when one is rotated to VCC and the Other ground.

Nothing will happen if you LOOK a the circuit.

@Nadj, make sure you have the inputs connected to the slider of the pot.
Do you have a DMM?

Tom.... :slight_smile:

Well, turns out the + and wiper/slider pins were wrong! I could've sworn I checked them on my breadboard...

Slide-pot pinouts are not very intuitive, I'd always check with a multimeter.