4G Voice Shield for Uno?

Does anyone know of a good shield for uno connect to cellular networks and make voice calls that will work in the US?

I don't need anything fancy. Just basically voice functionality.

I've been searching high and low and I can't find any option. Theres nothing but tons upon tons of sim900 and sim800s that used to work but I think are obsolete. Aside from that there is an unfinished sim7500 project from botletics or a dfrobot sim7600 that looks like it doesn't work in America.

TinySine SIM-7600 shields are what I use, there are other suppliers.

Are you talking about this one?

If so I would be extremely interested in asking you how you got it to work if you are in the US. I have one and I can't get it to connect and from what I'm reading the CE means its for asia and europe. But unfortunately every single arduino 7600 shield I can find seems to be a CE (ie for asia and europe only) for some reason.

That could be tricky… write to TinySine, and ask them.
I deal with them a lot, and they’re extremely helpful.

Sadly for you, I’m in Australia - so my carrier & band choices will be a bit different…

One thing I did notice, was that during the transition from 3G to 4G on any particular cell, I could always register and connect / send texts, but sometimes, I couldn’t make or receive voice calls on 4G… other times I could - it appeared to be during the migration, the carriers were playing with the different bands / crossover and features.

Are you saying the 4G(LTE) shield from DFRobot doesn't work?

It doesn't seem to work in the US. If I read correctly the CE stands for China and Europe region. If you know of someone being able to get it to work in the US I would like to know how.

Or if you know of a 4g arduino uno shield or even any working voice cellular uno shield period for the US that would be great to. At this time there doesn't seem to be single shield of this type on the market at all.

Is this DFRobot forum post yours?
[](javascript:void(0))

Does sim7600CE-T shield work in the US?#45869

By nkomli - Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:54 am

Hello, I asked this before but nobody's given me a definitive answer. Does the Sim7600CE-T shown here SIM7600CE-T 4G(LTE) Arduino Shield - DFRobot work in the united states?

A previous post

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=27241&p=42861&hilit=sim7600#p42861

says it does but I haven't been able to get it to connect to the networks here in the US and the listed bands do not seem to match up with the available bands in the US.

Yes, they give conflicting answers. In the forum post linked they say it will work in the US but if you scroll down to the comment thread on the product page SIM7600CE-T 4G(LTE) Arduino Shield - DFRobot they say it will not work in North America. The designation CE seems to indicate from my research that its for china and europe. I have no idea what the -T stands for. The supported bands seem to be chinese and european so overall the evidence appears to lean in the direction of their forum post being wrong.

That certainly won't work in the U.S.

So as the entire American Arduino cellular hobbyist segment appears to suddenly be dead and I seem to have no better option, I swapped a Sim7600A-H chip into the 7600CE-T shield hoping that it would work

Now I get

RDY

AT+CPIN?

+CME ERROR: SIM not inserted

For some reason the sim card seems to no longer be detected even though I could detect it back before I switched the Sim7600 chip.

RDY

[CPIN: READY

SMS DONE

PB DONE

I checked the sim slot

I don't see any obvious damage. The 6 pins in the slot seem to have continuity when checking with the multimeter but I am at a loss as to how to proceed.

Anybody have any suggestions as to how I could determine what the problem may be?

I found this schematic which could imply (if it is anything like yours) that the power for the SIM card slot is derived from the SIM7600 chip: https://www.waveshare.com/w/upload/archive/c/c8/20210810083619!SIM7600E-H-4G-HAT-Schematic.pdf

Maybe at least test the voltage on that pin and the corresponding pin on the SIM card slot.

Edit: This appears to be your schematic: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Strictus/DFRobot/master/TEL0124/[TEL0124](V1.0)-SCH.pdf

Conformity with European standards.

Nothing to do with China or Asia

Do you know what the T in the sim7600CE-T stands for or the H in sim7600A-H?

Theoretically a swap of the two chips should work right? All the information I could find so far points to these two just being regional variations and I haven't seen any evidence that the pinout differs between them. At least I'm not sure how it could cause the sim card detection issue if everything had been done correctly.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.