6X6 LED MATRIX

hello guys im new to arduino , i need to make a 6x6 led matrix but i dont know how.. can someone help me? please? :frowning:

Define “make”.

Do you need to know how to physically construct it?

Do you need to know what LEDs to use?

Do you need to know what LED driver to use?

Do you need to know how to wire it?

Do you need to know how to program it?

Here is an inexpensive 8 by 8 LED matrix module on eBay:

Depending on what you actually want to do with it, this will probably do everything you need with relatively simple programming.

And if that actual matrix assembly is not quite right, you can assemble your own matrix of LEDs and use the PCB to operate them.

Paul__B:
Define "make".

Do you need to know how to physically construct it?

Do you need to know what LEDs to use?

Do you need to know what LED driver to use?

Do you need to know how to wire it?

Do you need to know how to program it?

Here is an inexpensive 8 by 8 LED matrix module on eBay:

Depending on what you actually want to do with it, this will probably do everything you need with relatively simple programming.

And if that actual matrix assembly is not quite right, you can assemble your own matrix of LEDs and use the PCB to operate them.

I need to know how to program it.. i can connect everythig my main problem is coding :frowning:

i feel a bit confused with the 6x6

nikosmanz:
I need to know how to program it… i can connect everythig my main problem is coding :frowning:

that’s easy:

lc.setLed(0,row,col,true);

where row is the row of the led, and col the column. The 0 is for the first device, the final true just lights up this LED.

If you think this doesn’t help you with your coding problem, recap your question an try to figure out what information we miss.

A clear circuit of your LEDs including Arduino (which one?) and power supply is a good start.

noiasca:
If you think this doesn't help you with your coding problem, recap your question an try to figure out what information we miss.

+1 for that! :grinning:

thanks for that thats exactly what i want :slight_smile:
also can you tell me a simple way to convert something like 0x10 0x12 to binary and reverse?

there's "no need" to "convert" from binary to decimal and reverse.
it's just the presentation layer for you as a human.

0x10 = 16 = 0b10000

the controller will handle it the same way. So it is more the question of "what do you want to see". For example lot of the stream/print class methods allow you to specify what output should be generated.

https://www.arduino.cc/reference/en/language/functions/communication/serial/print/

Serial.print(78, BIN) gives "1001110"
Serial.print(78, OCT) gives "116"
Serial.print(78, DEC) gives "78"
Serial.print(78, HEX) gives "4E"

@nikosmanz

Other post/duplicate DELETED

Please READ THIS POST to help you get the best out of the forum.

Bob.