abt communication

can i communicate ARDUINO WITH PLC(programmable logic controller) using serial port
is it possible ?
i m using micrologix-1200 with the protocol AB-DF1

In principal it should be possible as long as you know what the AB-DF1 protocol is and how to use it. You will need external hardware to convert the RS232 to\from TTL, maybe something like a MAX232 chip or buy off the shelf bits like http://www.sparkfun.com/products/449 or SparkFun RS232 Shifter SMD (No DB9) - PRT-08780 - SparkFun Electronics

Forgive my ignorance, but what is an "abt"?

i have read about the AB-DF1 PROTOCOL and all the other things now what is the next step for me

dhruvit:
i have read about the AB-DF1 PROTOCOL and all the other things now what is the next step for me

You will either have to build your own RS232/TTL converter using something like the MAX232 chip mentioned earlier or buy a ready made unit like http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-MAX3232-RS232-Shield-Module-Arduino-Compatible-/270941700769 Once you have it, connect to your arduino and start programming.

ok i will buy that i m sorry but tell me shall i have to write the seperate driver for arduino or it will direct communicate between the plc and arduino
i have read the frame format of that protocol
is it enough?

I googled "abt" and "plc", but didn't get much, so can you please tell us (or provide us with a link) what an "abt" is, and what form of communication you expect from it?

(Is your shift key broken?)

dhruvit:

dhruvit:
i have read the frame format of that protocol
is it enough?

I haven't the faintest idea of what you are trying to do, with what, to accomplish what.

Perhaps if you explained?

And as a courtesy to other forum users form proper sentences with your posts. They start with a capital letter and end with a full-stop (period).

If that is too much trouble, perhaps answering you is too much trouble too.

AWOL:
I googled "abt" and "plc", but didn't get much, so can you please tell us (or provide us with a link) what an "abt" is, and what form of communication you expect from it?

Not sure of the abt, possibly a mistype of acronym for 'Allen-Bradley DF1 Protocol'. PLC is 'Programmable Logic Controller' (think of it as an industrial Arduino). The ones I used to mess with about 20 years ago had RS232 interfaces to allow diagnostic and testing and possibly programming though I only did diagnostic on them.

It's not that we don't know what PLCs are, it's more that we don't know how they apply to an 'ABT'.