Acquire data from LCD display

Hi, I'm new to this forum, but not to the Arduino :slight_smile:
I used to do some programming for it, but now I have new project and I could use some help.
What I want to do now is to read data that a device is sending to a LCD display and send it through Bluetooth to a Android smartphone.
I used to work with a bluetooth comunication between Arduino and smartphone so thats not a problem.
I'm thinking how to get the data that is displayed on the LCD display.
So the LCD is ABG122032G04-FHW-R, that's a 122x32 graphic display.
Has anyone got any experience with something like that?

Regards,
Mike :slight_smile:

mike86mj:
What I want to do now is to read data that a device is sending to a LCD display and send it through Bluetooth to a Android smartphone.

I'm thinking how to get the data that is displayed on the LCD display.
So the LCD is ABG122032G04-FHW-R, that's a 122x32 graphic display.

I think you are looking in the wrong place. The data has already been generated. No need to read it again and the type of LCD is immaterial. All you need to is send the same data to the other destination, or several destinations.

lcd.setCursor(0,1);
  lcd.print(Data);      // data to LCD

Serial.print(Data);   // data to bluetooth
  Serial.print(",")       //
      myFile = SD.open(filename, FILE_WRITE);//<<<<<<<<<<<<< OPEN
  myFile.print(Data); // data to SD card
  myFile.print(",");
       myFile.close();//>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>CLOSE

Thanks for quick reply :slight_smile: But unfortunately that's not so simple. I did not program the other device. So I cannot change its program.

In that case you are still looking in the wrong place. If you want to get the information off the LCD and into the phone, I suspect your best bet is to use the camera therein to take a photo of it.

Well that's the easiest way, but will not work for me. What I'm thinking is to use Arduino to connect to the pins of the LCD display, and based on the datasheet of the display decode the bits to get a text of what is displayed on it and then send it through bluetooth.

Good luck with that.

You might find it easier to connect to the sensors instead, and start over again.