Acrylic arduino covers...

Thanks for the update. It's not even slightly a rush, as I don't even own an Arduino (yet!). It may even be as late as Christmas before I order one :P.

You should try and do some various frames for LCDs to mate.

In the design list there is:

Cover for arduino Duemilanove/Decimila (Done!)
Cover for arduino Serial and bluetooth (slightly different pins to Ds)
Cover for arduino pro
Cover for arduino mega

Cover to hold arduino board and 9v battery

Base with lots of holes in to hold any arduino board and anything else you want to attach to it!

LCD stands for 20x4 LCD (first test done) and 16x2 LCD

Case to hold arduino duemilanove (or similar sized boards) and an LCD display (designs done) - looking for silicone rubber sheeting to make waterproof version.

Monome covers of various sizes and other switch board covers.

If anyone can think of other lasercut products that may be of interest to the arduino community then speak up! :wink:

Mowcius

Yes! The "Sure electronics" board.. I'd love a cover for my 2416 (iirc).

Something for the Arduino Mega would be cool. Taking your Arduino "on the go" would be nice, something which could complete protect a Nano style device.

Personally I'd like to build a keyring type AVR. Some kind of mini 8x8 screen and AtTiny keyring would rock

Hell while we're at it. A "Welsh dresser" of sorts would be the holy grail. Somewhere you mount your thermostats.. well, all your goodies :wink:

I got my sample cover today. very spiffy. Thanks for sending it all this way.

For whatever reason one of the holes in my diecimila board is a bit smaller than the others so the supplied bolt won't fit. I'll see what I can find.

Hi mowcius, I bought this ( Graphic KS0108 LCD 128x64 + extras [white on blue] : ID 188 : $24.95 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits ) LCD the other day, a nice acrylic case for something like that would be awesome, to stop fingers getting all over it!

As close to the board as possible would be fine, as I can just run ribbon cable from the LCD to the Arduino. If you could get back to me with a price I my be very interested :slight_smile:

Yes! The "Sure electronics" board.. I'd love a cover for my 2416 (iirc).

I have had a look at sureelectronics boards and I will be doing covers for the LED matrices. They are also on my list I just forgot about them.

I bought this ( USB/Serial Converter [FT232RL] : ID 18 : $17.50 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits... ) LCD the other day, a nice acrylic case for something like that would be awesome, to stop fingers getting all over it!

It looks pretty much the same as the sparkfun graphical display which I am doing a cover for. If it is not the same size then I will see what I can do. I can see myself having a busy weekend doing designs :smiley:

Mowcius

For whatever reason one of the holes in my diecimila board is a bit smaller than the others so the supplied bolt won't fit. I'll see what I can find.

Ok, I knew that the serial and bluetooth boards are have a smaller hole. Thanks for letting me know and I will sort that in future versions. Glad you like it anyway :smiley:

Mowcius

Mowcius,
Maybe you can get some inspiration for the LCD stand from here:

since the plans/drawings are published anyway.

You could also extend into monome faceplates:
http://www.machinecollective.org/products/monome-faceplate-kits/monome-faceplate-kit-white-satin/

When you run out of ideas, I will come up with more :slight_smile:

As close to the board as possible would be fine, as I can just run ribbon cable from the LCD to the Arduino. If you could get back to me with a price I my be very interested

Were you just looking for something to cover it or a stand for it or a bezel for inserting into a box/case etc. (I will probably do all three but hey!)

Maybe you can get some inspiration for the LCD stand from here:
http://www.spikenzielabs.com/Catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&pr...
since the plans/drawings are published anyway.

Yes that is where I got my original ideas from for the LCD stands. As they don't do one for a 20x4 LCD I thought I would do some :smiley:

You could also extend into monome faceplates:
http://www.machinecollective.org/products/monome-faceplate-kits/monome-faceplate...

Yep, I did comment on doing that:

Monome covers of various sizes and other switch board covers.

Any other ideas?

The ultimate goal would be to build full fledged boxes, like those encasing the Ice Tube Clock from adafruit.
An intermediary step, although requires a bit of more craftwork, would be a wooden frame case with transparent and screwed-in lids on both sides, something like this (but more elaborate, "professional" looking):

I gathered some enclosures on my blog here, take a look:

The idea is to combine the plexiglass plates with aluminum/wood framing. Should be quite lucrative.

The ultimate goal would be to build full fledged boxes, like those encasing the Ice Tube Clock from adafruit.
An intermediary step, although requires a bit of more craftwork, would be a wooden frame case with transparent and screwed-in lids on both sides, something like this (but more elaborate, "professional" looking):

I am trying to make a product that is suitable for a wide range of projects but that is proving difficult if not impossible.

I have done designs for completely laser cut acrylic boxes that fit together and could be bolted to hold them together or glued.

The problem still is what they should look like/what components should they be for. Big enough for arduino mega? Fit an LCD? 20x4, 16x2? :-?

Mowcius

Those look really good, but I have already made something like this. It's not nearly as 'finished' as yours but it does for now. How do you get access to laser cutters?

How do you get access to laser cutters?

Sweet talk, I have access to 2 :smiley: A 35W and a 50W. They are small though (300x600 cutting bed) but it is big enough for most things.

You got any pictures of what you have done?

The arduino covers and some other stuff are now for sale on my site:
http://www.duinoaday.co.uk

Mowcius

now... you've given me something to work on for the induino... :wink: an acrylic cover to spice it up perhaps... BTW grt site... Good luck with it...

cheers,
pracas