addressable leds random value

Hello,

For a disco party of a friend i had turn a room into a disco with a lot of led's. One of them was fastled running on little parts of ledstrip (4leds/pease). It was only for 1 Month.

Now they want it permanent.

I have 10 light's of 4 led's, running of a D1 mini. Fastled runs animation on a strip of 10 light's and the data is stretched over 40 led's so they have the same color. But if i set everything on gold some led's will blink diferent color's and brightnes.

I use a level shift register (3.3 to 5v)

It will react to sound over wifi (mqtt) and with a IR,

What is the problem in the data line and how can i fix this?

Realy thanks for the time.

Mvg. Christophe195

This is no help.

Are you sure it's not a power issue? Check along the line and make sure all segments are seeing the same voltag level.

Ow sorry, i have change the video rights.

the power is from the 5V usb of my laptop, i have also used a 5V 2.1A power bank

CrossRoads:
Are you sure it's not a power issue? Check along the line and make sure all segments are seeing the same voltag level.

i have check this, 5V all the way down the strip

I use a level shift register (3.3 to 5v)

What is a level shift register?

If you are using a level shift module designed for i2c bus, these do do work reliably for ws2812, assuming that is the type of led strip you are using (you forgot to say). They do not respond fast enough for the signals used by ws2812. I would recommend a 74hc14 or 74hct14 chip for your level shifter.

it's a "5PACK Bi-directional Logic Level Shifter Converter Module 5V to 3.3V For Arduino"

and the leds are "5M WS2812B LED Light Strip 5050 RGB 30/60/144 LEDs/M Individual Addressable DC5V"

Yes, those level shifters are the unsuitable type I was describing. I also tried to use them for this purpose once, and found that they worked ok unless I put my finger or other object close to or touching the circuit, then the LEDs became random. This indicated that the circuit was on the edge of not working at all. I examined the waveform of the data output of the level shifter compared to the input data waveform with an oscilloscope. I could see that the waveform was badly affected, changing from a clean square-edged signal to an uneven sawtooth waveform. I then replaced the shifter module with a 74hc14 and the output waveform was clean with square edges. No more random LEDs, even if I touched the circuit.

Thanks,

i have remove the level shifter (back to 3.3V on the data line) and i do not see any improvement.

I have add ir, now i can change the brightnes. When i set the brightnes to 0, there will show random red green an blue light's.

What can cause the problem?

christophe195:
What can cause the problem?

This:

christophe195:
i have remove the level shifter (back to 3.3V on the data line)