Advertising a value over BLE

I have been trying to send an integer/char over BLE between the Arduino Nano 33 and a Nordic NRF52840. Currently, I can send a value through the manufacturing data but I feel that there must be a better way. I simply need to send certain values to be read by the Nordic so it doesn’t matter if it is an integer or a string, whatever is best to send over BLE. Below is my current code that simply sends a determined value as the manufacture’s data. Eventually, this value will be a variable that is updated when certain events happen, so please tell me if I will run into a problem by putting a variable into the data matrix instead of a constant value. Also, on the Nordic I am coding in C, which I have very little experience with.

#include <ArduinoBLE.h>

void setup()
{
  BLE.begin();
}

void loop()
{
  const int DATA_SIZE = 3;
  uint8_t data[DATA_SIZE];
  int x = 175;
  data[0] = ( uint8_t ) x;

BLE.stopAdvertise();
  BLE.setManufacturerData( data, DATA_SIZE );
  BLE.advertise(); 
}

There are a couple of BLE examples in the forum.

Have a look at an Environmental Sensing Service example I have posted in the following post. Reply #3 This uses services and characteristics that have been defined by the Bluetooth SiG (16-bit UUIDs).

A central for decoding is in reply #6

Another example you can find here in reply #11 This uses made up services and characteristics (128-bit UUIDs)