Always get the positive voltage from two inputs

I have one input, which will swing from -5V to +5V, and an inverting op amp, so there will always be one positive voltage output. The inverting amplifier have a gain of 1. So if the input is +2V, the inverting op amp will be -2V, and vice versa.

I want to compare the two values using an op amp and therefore only get the positive output, but I am not sure how to design the diagram.

Your help is appreciated

What do you mean by compare the two? The input and the output of the inverter? And waht do you want to output? Do you want 5V and -5V to both output 5V?

Where is that signal coming from? Can't you just rectify it?

Hi, Do you have an [u]OUTPUT[/u] that swings from +5V to -5V to an [u]INPUT[/u] ?

Do you just want the positive part of the input signal? That is the +5V part to 0V?

If so why not use a diode?

Can you draw a diagram of your +5V to -5V signal and what you want as the resulting output?

Thanks.. Tom.. :)

Bassusour: I have one input, which will swing from -5V to +5V, and an inverting op amp, so there will always be one positive voltage output. The inverting amplifier have a gain of 1. So if the input is +2V, the inverting op amp will be -2V, and vice versa.

I want to compare the two values using an op amp and therefore only get the positive output, but I am not sure how to design the diagram.

Your help is appreciated

Google 'opamp precision rectifier'