Annoying IDE behavior

Hello all,

I really hope someone can help me with this, because it is REALLY ANNOYING.

Whenever I use the mouse to highlight any code within the IDE, a lot of times it will scroll up or down very fast highlighting everything. Any ideas?

It may be some issue with the mouse. check with another mouse. It may help.

BackWoodsBrewer:
Whenever I use the mouse to highlight any code within the IDE, a lot of times it will scroll up or down very fast highlighting everything. Any ideas?

If you are trying to select the top few lines, and you click and hold the mousebutton down, the editor will scroll down . The same thing happens when you try to select the bottom few lines with a click-hold, but it will scroll up.

If I am trying to select something in those two ranges, I first click on the line, let the button up, which will scroll the editor window. Then I move the pointer to what I want to select, click-hold-drag to do the selection. Yes, the behaviour is a little annoying, but it can be worked around.

If you want to select ALL the lines for copying, it's easier to just click anywhere in the editor window and type a CTRL + a (for Select All), then CTRL+C to copy.

lar3ry:

BackWoodsBrewer:

If you are trying to select the top few lines, and you click and hold the mousebutton down, the editor will scroll down . The same thing happens when you try to select the bottom few lines with a click-hold, but it will scroll up.

If I am trying to select something in those two ranges, I first click on the line, let the button up, which will scroll the editor window. Then I move the pointer to what I want to select, click-hold-drag to do the selection. Yes, the behaviour is a little annoying, but it can be worked around.

Thanks, I wasn't sure if there was a hidden option somewhere or not.

Are you familiar with using shift and cursor keys to highlight text? Try it.

Then you find handy shortcuts like [home] - [shift end] will highlight a line.

Place the cursor at the start of a line and use [shift up], see what happens.

[shift ctrl cursor] will highlight a word.

Very useful and keeps you from reaching for the mouse all the time.

Not here it doesn't.

BackWoodsBrewer:
Any ideas?

What operating system are you using?