Any documentation on this shield?

Picked up this shield from Mouser. Looks like an official arduino proto shield, but I couldn't find any info on it on this site.

Is this an official board or a clone? Judging by the silk screen I can see where some of the bag of parts that it came with goes, but looks like there's lots of extras. I was hoping there was some documentation somewhere to look at.

Hmm, never seen that one before...

can you post a URL for the shield. Or product ID?

Hmmm Looks nice and not too hard to figure out. I like it.

I would venture to say that it is one of the few proto boards available that carries UP to the shield what it covers up...

1. ICSP copied up to shield (if you want it)
  2. Reset Switch is there
  3. Status leds are there

These all serve the same function as they do on the main board and would therefor be wired in parallel.

All the other stuff is just proto area. I might have to get one of these...

hehe... I love Mouser... I just ordered.

can you post a URL for the shield. Or product ID?

Sure.

Carries Part number A000025

Comes with the board, 40 pin header strip, 6 pin ISP header, 3 5mm LEDs (Red, Green, Yellow), 2 switches, and 15 resistors (5 ea. 10k, 1k, 220).

Brings up the ISP header and reset from below only from what I see. Gives 2 dedicated spots for LEDs for use as you please, +5vdc and GND rails, a 14 pin SMD breakout section and a 20 pin DIP breakout section in addition to general prototyping area.

I like it.

Mouser also sells a standalone proto shield (A000024) with no components.

Judging by the pictures on Mouser, I got a completely different board than what they have pictured. Mine has the DIP section and an Arduino logo on it.

1. ICSP copied up to shield (if you want it)

you can used pin headers for ICSP pins.

1. Reset Switch is there

reset pin from small reset.

1. Status leds are there

led from common ordinary led.

The protoboard look's nice...but when deal with FT232 smd became very hard to solder.

Jeckson

A "protoshield" like this doesn't usually have much actual circuitry. It is designed to hold various standard components (connectors to the board below, reset switch, LEDs with current limiting resistors, etc), and allows you to connect them (plus additional components) however you want to achieve relatively simple but "professional looking" custom shields - what you might want to do if your circuit is so simple and so cheap that it really doesn't make any sense to design a PCB, but you want more physical "solidness" than you'd get with free space wiring or a protoboard.

You can look at one of these similar protoshields to get an idea how they are put together and used:

http://www.ladyada.net/make/pshield/
http://www.arduino.cc/playground/Tutorials/Protoshield

I just got mine. Well made. Nice that they added some parts.

I'm very pleased.