Arduino and GPS - GSM module

Hello everybody, i was having in mind a simple (maybe) project. Using an Arduino UNO (or MEGA) i would want measure the GPS coordinates of the board with a GPS module and transmit them, after the request through an sms, using a GSM module. I already have this GSM module:

http://www.ebay.it/itm/121405037990?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

and if possible i would want some opinions about the choose of a GPS module.

At this moment, i don't need to save hundreds of coordinate daily and so use a SD card. On the web i have found this:

http://www.ebay.it/itm/121405037990?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

and i was asking myself if it is right for my scope. what do you think? Without buy very expensive modules, do you know other shield (or module) GPS that i can use for my project?

Thanks a lot, regards :)

i was having in mind a simple (maybe) project.

If you think that is simple, go for it. It is not a beginner project.

The GPS is probably the lowest priced item in your project. Buy one that has been successfully used with an Arduino before.

PaulS:
If you think that is simple, go for it. It is not a beginner project.

Also if i’m a newbie on this forum, i’m not a total newbie with arduino. Till this moment i have done robotical projects and now i would want examine in dept the networking connection with arduino.
Anyway i have seen that i have linked two times the same GSM module. I was talking about this gps module:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ublox-u-blox-6-NEO-6M-GPS-Module-With-Antenna-Build-in-EEPROM-for-Arduino-Raspbe-/370815006897?ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123

what do you think about this? There are a lot of tutorial on the web and i have seen that it is used also for drones.

what do you think about this? There are a lot of tutorial on the web and i have seen that it is used also for drones.

It's also one of the most commonly complained about GPSs, on this forum. It would not be my first choice.

and now i would want examine in dept the networking connection with arduino.

How does a GPS, which only works outdoors, help with this? Most networks are indoors.

Have a look at the Simcom SIM908 module (and other models/makes) to see if it suits your providers frequencies. It (and others) have the GPS integrated into the SMS/phone module at no apparent cost penalty and simplifies your code and connections to your Arduino.

Turning in the web i have found this shield:

based ever on the ublox neo-6m. It does not seem evil. At this point, i ask myself if, with arduino mega 2560, i can use this shield and connect, to others 2 dedicated pins (rx,tx) of the arduino board, the gsm module (that has its external alimentation) without problem. Create, so, two serial comunications, using Software serial library. is it workable?

Create, so, two serial comunications, using Software serial library. is it workable?

No. You have 4 hardware serial ports on the Mega. Why do you need two more software serial ports?

You are right. i have resolved and this shield works really well!