arduino and webcam

Hi! I want to make a project.I want to install a webcam(o ipcam) on my robot and i want to see the image that my robot sees on my pc.Possibly i would analize the image on pc for recognize object and obstacles and send a signals to my robot.How can i do this?I think that I have to use an Arduino Mega,and what else?I have to use a camera module or a ipcam?Help me,please
Thanks

I want to install a webcam(o ipcam) on my robot and i want to see the image that my robot sees on my pc.

Go for it. The Arduino can sit by and do nothing. No problems.

and send a signals to my robot.

What signals? How? Is the PC going to wave semaphore flags that the Arduino is supposed to see and interpret?

I think that I have to use an Arduino Mega

Why?

and what else?

The space bar once in a while? What else do you want to do?

I have to use a camera module or a ipcam?

How would you connect the camera module to the PC? Connecting it to the Arduino is next to useless.

Use a wireless IP camera which can be accessed directly from an application on your PC. Displaying it on the PC is trivially easy - just point a web browser at the IP camera. Reading the video stream into an image processing application will take some development work, but if you're going to do image processing then that is obvious anyway. If your robot is moving them most likely you will want a wireless interface between the PC and the Arduino. There are lots of options for doing this, but for short range BlueTooth would be a convenient option.

@paul s
With signals I think that if in the image there is a obstacle,the robot have to stop,for example.I think that i have to use Arduino Mega because it's the version of Arduino most powerful.A camera module have to connect to arduino,haven't it?
@peter h
what do you mean with wireless interface?can you link a website where I find this?
thanks

With signals I think that if in the image there is a obstacle,the robot have to stop,for example.

If an object is in range, presenting an obstacle, you'd send a message to the Arduino. It would interpret that message to mean stop. No signals involved. At least not in how I interpret signals.

I think that i have to use Arduino Mega because it's the version of Arduino most powerful.

No, isn't. The Due is. That may soon change to the Yun.

A camera module have to connect to arduino,haven't it?

Well, OK. You might as well use duct tape, though. The Arduino can not get video data from the camera and send it to the PC anywhere near fast enough.

I see on youtube this video:

how can I do this.I have to use a camera module,and what components also?

also this

hteo:
what do you mean with wireless interface?can you link a website where I find this?

I mean an interface that doesn't require a wired connection. It's a fairly common expression.

PeterH:
There are lots of options for doing this, but for short range BlueTooth would be a convenient option.