Arduino-based Potentiostat for Cyclic Voltammetry

Hello,

I've been using this paper to build an arduino-based potentiostat.
Development_of_a_low-cost_Arduino-based_potentiostat.pdf (850.7 KB)
I've made all the connections as shown in the circuit schematic but I can't figure out how the batteries are connected. All the connections to to pin 2,3 and 6 of the op-amps but are any additional connections to op-amps I need to make that are not shown on the schematic?

Here's what my circuit looks like.

Looking at the code, I was wondering how steptime was being calculated in milliseconds in Fig 7 of the paper. For polarization experiments, step size is always increased in the units of mV/s but I am stumped.

I've never really used arduino before I would really appreciate it if somebody helped me understand this. Thank you

I wonder too - the findAverage function isn't doing what I'd expect, its not doing the mean over the step. It has a fixed step time.

The cyclic stuff is in figure 5, not figure 7. That decides the voltage change per step.

It could be increasing the voltage by a fixed magnitude and the steptime is being used to control the rate of voltage change.
Ideally I wanted to use 1mV/s as my step size but arduino's resolution is 4.8mV so I want to do 4.8mV/s.

No, the stepsize is constant, and the voltage change is constant - the code given uses a constant dV/dt rate. You'd have to rework the code for varying rates.

Okay, I'll try to run what I have right now because I don't need varying rates. I just need to understand how to change the values in the code.

Also, I made some new connections to the circuit. I connected pin 4 and pin 7 of all op- amps to +9V and -9V respectively. Is there anything else I need to do? Here's a picture of what I have.

Hard to tell from the photo but it looks like a circuit(!) I'd carefully check all the connections off against the diagram before powering up the first time - especially that power and ground rails are going to everything they should. opamps are robust devices in practice so long as they all have they power rails connected.

Hi,

I think you need to sit down with pen(cil) and paper and draw a circuit diagram.
Include pin names and component labels to identify circuit items.

Thanks.. Tom... :grinning: :+1: :coffee: :australia:

hello,

the blue negative rails are GND
bottom '+ve rail' is Vcc- connecting to pin 4 of all op amps.
the top '+ve rail' is Vcc+ connecting to pin 7 of all op amps.

I did make a rough circuit diagram with pin numbers for op amps to help with the connections.
Can you confirm how the legs of potentiometers are connected here?

Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.