Arduino controlling 220v ceiling led lamp

Hi guys!
I already did a a try controlling a 220v ceiling led lamp and it didn't work.
It worked with a 220v ceiling NOTled lamp.
Here's what I used:
AC->DC Convertor (KBL410)
Transistor - BUX8GP
Capacitor - 4.7 uF 400V
Arduino Uno
Resistor - 1k Ohm

So everything worked with the normal lamp, but when I tried to dim the led it just turned itself off and on.. It wasn't lightning itself as much as it should. Can you answer me why? And how can I dim these kind of lamps? Thanks in advanced!

Not all AC LEDs are dimmable! An AC LED lamp isn't just an LED. There is a circuit (basically a constant-current power supply). The power supply is usually designed to supply a constant current. Not all are designed to supply a voltage/current that's proportional to the average AC input... Some LED lamps are rated to run on anything between 85VAC and 280VAC. Obviously, these can't be dimmed.

With a ceiling fan/lamp the power supply might be built-into the fixture. If the lamp is replaceable, check the part number & specs. If it screws-in like a regular light bulb, you can probably replace it with a similar dimmable LED-bulb or with a regular 'ol light bulb.

And, LED some lamps might not run on DC... I don't know if any household 120V/220V LEDs are designed for DC. So with a dimmable LED, you should probably build a "normal" AC dimmer with a TRIAC, phase control, and all that (and with isolation on both your zero-crossing detector and your AC output).

Here's what I used:
AC->DC Convertor (KBL410)
Transistor - BUX8GP
Capacitor - 4.7 uF 400V
Arduino Uno
Resistor - 1k Ohm

You didn't isolate the 220VAC from your Arduino? That can be OK, but it's usually a bad idea. It can also be very dangerous if touch the Arduino, and it can be dangerous to your computer if you connect the Arduino to your USB port and 220 at the same time!

What do you mean? How should I isolate it?
Is this the problem with the lamp?