Arduino IDE 1.6.9 crashing on startup

Hello all,

I’m an IT guy to a school district in CT. I had a couple science teachers request to have arduino installed on their computers. I was able to successfully install it on both computers but one of them is crashing when the program starts up. I have gone through and searched and have tried pretty much everything I’ve seen here and can use some of your help. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Attatched is my error log.

Thanks!

hs_err_pid8304 - Copy.txt (19.8 KB)

Is that error log from arduino_debug? If not, please run arduino_debug.exe and post the output.

Pert have you answered mine?

LM317:
Pert have you answered mine?

Yes, I replied to your last comment and am waiting for you to answer my question. Please keep all discussion on that thread as this one has absolutely nothing to do with your issue.

It wasn’t. I attached a log of arduino_debug.

Thanks Again!

hs_err_pid5536.txt (18.8 KB)

Hey guys,

just looking to see if anyone has been able to look into my log file. Arduino is still crashing on startup for me.

Thanks!

Hi, it might be this issue: https://github.com/arduino/Arduino/issues/4696. The developer has been working on a fix: https://github.com/arduino/Arduino/pull/4971 so you could try that test build to see if it fixes it and please report your results either way.

Hi, I've had this problem and i tried using a nightly build and for a while it worked without crashing. But somehow it has started crashing again. Any ideas? Thanks in advance :)

A bunch of people have had IDE 1.6.x problems, including IDE crashes and bizarre compile errors, when they had a previous 1.5.x/1.6.x installation. At least some of those problems seem to be caused by out-of-date executables that the IDE saves outside the IDE installation directory. Perhaps that is what is causing your particular problem. In such cases it appears that the fix is to delete or rename the old "Arduino15" directory and re-install 1.6.x.

On Mac OS X: /Users/(username)/Library/Arduino15

On Windows: C:\Users(username)\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15

On Linux: /home/(username)/.arduino15 (a.k.a. ~/.arduino15)