Hi everyone, can please somebody help me with usbasp programmer in arduino ide ? When i try to upload hex in IDE by usbasp programmer i get error message : avrdude: warning: cannot set sck period. please check for usbasp firmware update. avrdude: error: program enable: target doesn't answer. 0 avrdude: initialization failed, rc=-1 Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override this check. so i done update firmware in usbasp via arduino as isp programmer, and i still getting same error... But connections are okay, when i try to upload hex with avrdudess it works, and i didnt touched any connection like usb disconnect and isp connections. Thanks
avrdude: error: program enable: target doesn't answer. 0 avrdude: initialization failed, rc=-1
This error is caused by using the libusb-win32 driver with Arduino's version of avrdude:
The solution is to use the libusbK driver instead:
- Download Zadig: http://zadig.akeo.ie/. Note that Zadig is recommended on the official USBasp page: http://www.fischl.de/usbasp/.
- Plug in your USBasp
- Start Zadig
- From the dropdown menu, select USBasp. If it doesn't show up on the menu, then select Options > List all devices and check again.
- Click the up or down arrows next to the Driver selection box on the right side until you see libusbK.
- Click the "Replace Driver" button.
- After it finishes you can close Zadig.
many thanks pert, it works ! i have used zadig earlier to install driver libusb0(v18.104.22.168) - that works only for extremeburner,avrdudess. I didnt know that for use in arduino is needed libusbK - and it also works in extremeburner etc.
You're welcome. I'm glad to hear it's working now. Enjoy!