Arduino in XP - Acer Aspire 9425WSMi with Core 2 Duo T7200 processor

Good morning,

I have installed Arduino on an old laptop (Acer Aspire 9425WSMi with Core 2 Duo T7200 processor) and it has been installed without problem.

The purpose is to be able to operate two programs that are related.

When verifying a program already compiled on another computer I get the following message on the console:

processing.app.debug.RunnerException
at cc.arduino.Compiler.callArduinoBuilder(Compiler.java:317)
at cc.arduino.Compiler.loadPreferences(Compiler.java:216)
at cc.arduino.Compiler.build(Compiler.java:175)
at processing.app.SketchController.build(SketchController.java:664)
at processing.app.Editor$BuildHandler.run(Editor.java:1638)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "C:\Archivos de programa\Arduino\arduino-builder": CreateProcess error=193, %1 no es una aplicación Win32 válida
at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1048)
at processing.app.helpers.ProcessUtils.exec(ProcessUtils.java:26)
at cc.arduino.Compiler.callArduinoBuilder(Compiler.java:297)
... 5 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=193, %1 no es una aplicación Win32 válida
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.create(Native Method)
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.(ProcessImpl.java:386)
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:137)
at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1029)
... 7 more

Could someone guide me how to solve this problem

Hi @RicardoOlea. Unfortunately, the recent versions of the Arduino IDE (actually the arduino-builder tool used by the Arduino IDE for building the sketch) are not compatible with any Windows version older than 7. That is the cause of the error message

The newest IDE version that can be used with XP is 1.8.9. That is still available from Arduino's download server. At the moment the web page that lists those download links is broken on arduino.cc, but there is an archived copy of the page on the archive.org Wayback Machine here:

https://web.archive.org/web/20211225111824/https://www.arduino.cc/en/main/OldSoftwareReleases

So just get the Arduino IDE 1.8.9 download link from that page and you should be able to use that version of the IDE on XP with no problem.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.