Arduino Micro install issue

Hi there I just bought an Arduino Micro (adafruit version) www.adafruit.com/products/1086

I am having trouble getting it to work on my windows 8.1 laptop. When I plugged it in no drivers installed. I went to the device manager to install manually and no com ports are listed (I checked show hidden and still nothing)

When I tried loading a basic blink sketch to test if the IDE could see the micro it stalls on uploading and shows -

processing.app.debug.RunnerException
** at cc.arduino.packages.uploaders.SerialUploader.uploadUsingPreferences(SerialUploader.java:133)**
** at processing.app.debug.Compiler.upload(Compiler.java:165)**
** at processing.app.Sketch.upload(Sketch.java:1260)**
** at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Sketch.java:1202)**
** at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Sketch.java:1174)**
** at processing.app.Editor$DefaultExportHandler.run(Editor.java:2471)**
** at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)**
Caused by: processing.app.SerialException: Error touching serial port ‘COM5’.
** at processing.app.Serial.touchForCDCReset(Serial.java:92)**
** at cc.arduino.packages.uploaders.SerialUploader.uploadUsingPreferences(SerialUploader.java:122)**
** … 6 more**
Caused by: jssc.SerialPortException: Port name - COM5; Method name - openPort(); Exception type - Port busy.
** at jssc.SerialPort.openPort(SerialPort.java:164)**
** at processing.app.Serial.touchForCDCReset(Serial.java:86)**
** … 7 more**

I checked the micro was selected in tools>boards, as well as checking the COM which is only showing COM 5 (I have nothing on COM 5). I tried opening serial monitor to have a check and it shows an error saying -

Arduino: 1.6.3 (Windows 8.1), Board: "Arduino Micro"
Error opening serial port ‘COM5’. (Port busy)

I have searched online and found a few suggestions, hitting reset button on uploads etc tried this and nothing. I have also checked my BIOS - (USB Emulation (enabled) Usb power share (disabled) an USB wake support (disabled)

Tried disabling the driver signature verification to see if it showed up in drivers and printers with no luck.

Any ideas?

Working on -

Windows 8.1
Alienware MX17 R4

Arduino IDE 1.6.3

Arduino Micro R3

If the board does not come up as a com port then the drivers are not loaded correctly and you will not be able to write to the board.

Thanks for the reply, I was thinking as much (but thought haD Done something wrong)

Is there anywhere to get the Drivers to install manually? (I have haD a look arounD with no luck)

thanks again

Here i attached driver file. unzip . goto device manager → port-> properties-> update driver-> manually using recommened setting-> select your path where u unzip below file & chose your board → Now driver being updated

drivers.zip (1.19 MB)

Thank you so much for the drivers.

I still can not find the Micro in the Device Manager >Ports (COM & LPT). Only my Arduino Mega is now showing (before nothing was showing, I plugged in the Mega to test the ports)

I have tried the Micro in all available ports and it is not showing up.

Still having no luck with this, nothing is showing in the ports for the micro, tried it on another machine and nothing either. Any ideas or is it faulty?

can you share snap shot of device manager & arduino IDE complete installed in your machine.