arduino MIDI drum controller problem

Hello! I'm trying to set up a midi controller with arduino, using piezos. Though I have no idea about programming I googled up and managed to adapt this code to my needs. It reads the analog inputs and if the piezo sends a voltage higher than what I specified, it sends a midi message. I use hairlessMIDI as serial-midi converter and loopMIDI as virtual midi ports. Then in the DAW (Reaper) I select the virtual port as the controller and play the VST. So, my problem is when I try to play two notes at the same time, only one of them is played/heared from the vst. How could I solve that? Any idea? Is there anything missing in the code? I understand that thecnically you can't send several actually simultaneous notes, but they can be sent close enough to be virtually simultaneous. But for some reason this isn't happening. Thank you very much in advance.

void setup() {
  // Set MIDI baud rate:
  Serial.begin(256000);
}

void loop() {

int piez0 = analogRead(A0)/2;
int piez1 = analogRead(A1);
int piez2 = analogRead(A2);
int piez3 = analogRead(A3);
int vel0 = piez0/4;
int vel1 = piez1/4;
int noteON = 144;
int noteOFF = 128;
int hihat = 42;
int snare = 43;
int crash = 44;

if (piez0 > 300) {
 MIDImessage(noteON, hihat, 127);
 delay(100);
 MIDImessage(noteOFF, hihat, 127);
  }

if (piez1 > 300) {
 MIDImessage(noteON, snare, 127);
 delay(100);
 MIDImessage(noteOFF, snare, 127);
  }

if (piez2 > 300) {
 MIDImessage(noteON, crash, 127);
 delay(200);
 MIDImessage(noteOFF, crash, 127);
  }

}

void MIDImessage(int command, int MIDInote, int MIDIvelocity) {
  Serial.write(command);
  Serial.write(MIDInote);
  Serial.write(MIDIvelocity);

}

Delaying 100/200 ms is probably long enough to be missing the second piezo peaking.

You should put in some debug (Serial.print) to see what is happening with the detection of the piezo. While you are debugging you can forgo the MIDI interface to use the serial port or you can use software serial for the debug.

You don’t need to send the note off message for MIDI percussion so get rid of it and the delay after the note on.