Arduino multi-tracks sounds generator (NES inspired)

Hi everybody,

It's my first post on this forum and English is not my native language, so please help me out if I'm missing anything or if there is any typo.

I've always found generating sounds on the Arduino to be cumbersome. One tone at the time and everything freeze until it is done. It's nowhere near the charm of chiptunes songs!

So I decided to fix just that. I took inspiration from the NES Audio Processing Unit and I programmed a better way to generate chiptune like sounds.

My library handle 6 channels: 2 squares, 1 triangle, 1 sawtooth, 1 noise and 1 sample, all asynchronous, using the Timer 2. Just plug a speaker on pin 3 and you are in business.

From the moment of this post, this is a work in progress. I feel as the project is mature enough to be shown to you, but bear in mind there are things to improve and to add. I'm pretty sure that my code may have some strange word or wording, due to my native language, but there are working examples in the file "SoundInterfaceDevice.ino", you should manage :wink: . Eventually, the structure will be better: with more comments and more example.

I just want you to generate awesome chiptune from your Arduino, and to spread this code! If you have any idea to publicize this, feel free to suggest (for example: a tutorial on instructable).

I await for your feedback!

biji13

edit : I think I posted this in the wrong place. I don't use WAV, MP3, nor MIDI. I posted this again in "Other Software Development". My bad.

Interesting. Starred on GitHub.