Arduino Primo Core programming problems

Hi everyone!

I have some programming problems with this board.
I’m using an usb external programmer, the st link v2 (clone version).
Can anyone help me?
I’m on windows with last version of the Arduino ID(1.8.4).
when I try to upload the sketch I receive this:

Open On-Chip Debugger 0.10.0-00004-g0e78f263 (2017-02-20-13:07)
Licensed under GNU GPL v2
For bug reports, read
http://openocd.org/doc/doxygen/bugs.html
Info : auto-selecting first available session transport “swd”. To override use 'transport select '.
cortex_m reset_config sysresetreq
adapter speed: 5000 kHz
Error: unable to find CMSIS-DAP device
Error: No Valid JTAG Interface Configured.
Error: No Valid JTAG Interface Configured.

Thank you

Reagards.

Lorenzo

Can anyone help me?

Without knowing what your problems are? Doesn’t seem likely.

By the way, none of your “links” work.

Just a hunch. Didn't you select board Arduino Primo instead of Primo Core? Primo has a built in debugger, Primo Core has not and the error message is about debugger.

reset button on board error synchro... JTAG is like no USB device valid... or unplugged cable... for me it work maybe it's not the good cable usb3,2...

they are a problem further but i don't know where are libraries for nrf52... i looking nordic semiconductor's they had a lot of tools to this processor but NRF52 is new very new.. maybe it's to early too work on it...

Unfortunately there is only arduino primo as a choice. There was until few days ago a platform lib related to primo Core, but now isn't available anymore because it's an arduino.org. So I think the problem is also this fact.

I also tried also to install the platform lib related to st microelectronics and now the st link v2 appears on the programmer menu (under tools). If I try to upload with programmer (under sketch) i get this:

java.lang.NullPointerException at cc.arduino.packages.uploaders.SerialUploader.uploadUsingProgrammer(SerialUploader.java:314) at cc.arduino.packages.uploaders.SerialUploader.uploadUsingPreferences(SerialUploader.java:89) at cc.arduino.UploaderUtils.upload(UploaderUtils.java:78) at processing.app.SketchController.upload(SketchController.java:713) at processing.app.SketchController.exportApplet(SketchController.java:686) at processing.app.Editor$DefaultExportAppHandler.run(Editor.java:2265) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Is the unplugged device error, or not? I tried to install the sparkfun lib with the same chip, but there wasn't any solution.

Any suggestions?

Thank you all for your replies.

Lorenzo

Juraj:
https://github.com/arduino-org/arduino-core-nrf52

how can I install in the IDE? I tried in some ways, but I didn’t succeed.
Sorry for the common question…

Same here, I’m trying to install primo core in IDE, without success.

I putted the file download from the link on github at the place of the platform package that I can download from the ide. Now I can see also arduino primo core but I got the same error:

ava.lang.NullPointerException at cc.arduino.packages.uploaders.SerialUploader.uploadUsingProgrammer(SerialUploader.java:314) at cc.arduino.packages.uploaders.SerialUploader.uploadUsingPreferences(SerialUploader.java:89) at cc.arduino.UploaderUtils.upload(UploaderUtils.java:78) at processing.app.SketchController.upload(SketchController.java:713) at processing.app.SketchController.exportApplet(SketchController.java:686) at processing.app.Editor$DefaultExportAppHandler.run(Editor.java:2265) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Please, can someone help?

the IDE package for Primo is unavailable since the Arduino.org was turned off. It is a problem with no published workaround at this time.

Demand answer from official Arduino support at arduino.cc or the e-shop support at arduino.cc (they sell Primo) or both.

Ok, thank you. I'll try.

It helped. The boards package installation is working again.

Hey guys, I've been dealing with the same issue and am a little stuck Juraj, what steps did you take to get the boards package working again?

Actually I found lorenzo's post from earlier today on the Italian forum. I have copied it below for anyone trying to get their Primo Core to run (I copied the google translate version, so apologies for grammar)

go to C: \ Users \ username \ AppData \ Local \ Arduino15 \ packages \ arduino \ hardware \ nrf52 \ 1.0.1 delete all files (copy them somewhere for backup if you want but do not need because i get downloaded from the platform managers) - the folder now to extract all files' archive inside - now also the Primo core works

I hope to be useful. I conclude in saying that I hope it is a transient thing, because I find it absurd.

use Board Manager in IDE. the package was moved to arduino.cc and it can by installed again

I experienced the same issue and applied the fix using the github files, however I've noticed that an example sketch (using SensorsDataLogTerminal.ino from the examples tab) does not output data to the serial monitor or plotter. Is this to be expected based on the use of the primo board as an external programmer or is there a lingering issue with the files I am using? I am trying to use the primo core for a wearable that can detect and trigger an LED based on deceleration (like a wearable brake light) and really need to gain an understanding of the accelerometer in the primo core to get it to work. Thank you in advance.

For the serial monitor you need to connect the SWD back after uploading the serial sketch to the primo.

As an alternative you can download Nordic’s nRF toolbox app, go under UART, connect to the Primo Core, and log the data on your phone. For some reason most bluetooth serial apps I used could not connect to the Primo Core

Hi - Have the Arduino Core Primo up and running, but it persists in advertising Local Name as "ArduinoPRIMO_DFU". I have tried all sorts to change. Anyone seen the same issue and resolved? :( :confused: