Arduino RFID Parking System

Hi all.

I'm a beginner in this Arduino platform and all of its related components.

I'm planning on a project for parking system using Arduino, (only on a small scale and not in the real scale). My idea is a sensor that can detect the movement of a car, and then, in some range, it will trigger a RFID reader to detect the RFID tag. If there is RFID tag and it is true, then it will show a green light for example. Otherwise, I'm thinking about having an alarm system that will indicate that there is no RFID tag detected or the RFID may be not true. Probably it is as simple as having LED bulb or maybe a buzzer.

I really need your guys' expertise on this whether my project is possible or need an adjustment or not possible at all.

Thank you so much in advance! :slight_smile:

whether my project is possible

Basically in this form no.
The range of a normal RFID card is not sufficient for it to be used inside a car. You would need an active tag system, that is a tag that is powered, not the passive tags normally used. Active tags are expensive and not very common.

What about tags like freeway e-toll systems use? Am I right in thinking they take their power from the interrogating RF signal?

The range is quite good since they’re mounted eg on gantries 5m or so above the road.

Am I right in thinking they take their power from the interrogating RF signal?

No.