Arduino , Save on Toilet Paper during Lockdown, smoke sensor help needed

Would it be possible to connect a smoke sensor to the Arduino GPIO pins, i am working on a project that helps save on Loo Rolls and hopefully the world during this shortage crisis. Thanks in advance

Yes.

You have to be a little more specific or this should go in the project guidance section. It's a completely different path to connect a Google Nest Smoke and Carbon Monoxide sensor to an Arduino than it is to connect a MiCS5524. Both are possible.

The linkage between loo paper and a smoke sensor escapes me?

I have never personally noticed any smoke.

...R

Robin2:
The linkage between loo paper and a smoke sensor escapes me?

I have never personally noticed any smoke.

…R

You’re not working it fast enough

In before it's locked. The thread, not the loo.

The smoke alarm is safety feature, health and safety is large part of this process i am building

mrroosty:
The smoke alarm is safety feature, health and safety is large part of this process i am building

Any big box building supply retailer has those.

Don't forget to connect the two devices' grounds. There's a whole post somewhere around here about that.

dougp:
Don't forget to connect the two devices' grounds. There's a whole post somewhere around here about that.

Yes, and never connect 220VAC to ground...

Thats a good point i didnt want methane to trigger the smoke detector thiis is usually given of during the procedure, perhaps i could use the gpio pins to trigger a vacum pump if the gases get to a high level, prhaps these gases could be stored up for use later, its just a thought, any ideas ???

mrroosty:
prhaps these gases could be stored up for use later, its just a thought, any ideas ????

Here's a tutorial. "The Good Life" The Thing in the Cellar (TV Episode 1975) - IMDb

mrroosty:
prhaps these gases could be stored up for use later, its just a thought, any ideas ????

I get a strong whiff of Troll.

...R

or is it brainstorming?
Depends if someone is at office or WC

mrroosty:

I guess it would be more efficient to accumulate the gasses in bulk at the sewerage plant.
And what would be your 'use later'?
Steve

steve1001:
And what would be your ‘use later’?

Practical jokes.

i was thinking of using the gases to inflate a blow up bed or a dinghy, im not sure if this is dangerous, if the gas is heavy will the boat sink or perhaps the bed would take of and fly away if its to light, looks like i am going to have give this a bit more consideration , ??????

Hey good peoples out there, i approach things in happy way, i just think its more positive, i am doing things like this for enjoyment and i would like others to enjoy it to if it makes you giggle a bit or smile thats even better, if we come up with a solution doing it then thats fantastic, i had to leave programming years ago, it got to stressful and competative and stopped been enjoyable, computers are here to solve our problems not make them, I get so frustated with programmers who right great programs but render them useless because they want to show you how very clever they are and make them difficult to use, its not all about you MR PROGRAMMER, i hope you all get what i am saying, i am not a Troll i just like things to be fun, Regards

Buy a smoke alarm designed for the purpose - hacking a safety-critical device is NEVER a good idea.

In my experience, programmers are lazy, but pedantic to the nth degree.

Yes that is a good point, i should not be re inventing the wheel, Thank you