arduino serial monitor

hey,
i am gopi. i am new to arduino, i have a problem with the serial monitor in arduino.
i have done some library updations and board updations. when i run the code and open the serial monitor the window is displaying some encrypted text. Previously it was good showing some english words and numerical values. can you help me in fixing this?

and the code i was running is showing with one error

Arduino: 1.8.4 (Windows 10), Board: “Arduino/Genuino Uno”

C:\Users\gopi\Documents\Arduino\my_research\my_research.ino:3:20: fatal error: boards.h: No such file or directory

#include <boards.h>

^

compilation terminated.

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno.

Arduino has a file called boards.txt. You don't #include it in your sketches though.

Perhaps you have another library called "boards" and it's not installed correctly at the moment?

"Encrypted text" might be the incorrect baud rate setting at the bottom-right corner of the Serial Monitor.

#include <SPI.h>
#include <boards.h>
#include <RBL_nRF8001.h>
#include <services.h>

const int GSR=A2;
int threshold=0;
int sensorValue=0;
long sum=0;

void setup()
{
for(int i=0;i<500;i++)
{
sensorValue=analogRead(GSR);
sum += sensorValue;
delay(5);
}

threshold = sum/500;
Serial.print(“threshold =”);
Serial.println(threshold);

// Set your BLE Shield name here, max. length 10
ble_set_name(“I am Sri”);

// Init. and start BLE library.
ble_begin();

// Enable serial debug
Serial.begin(57600);
}

unsigned char buf[16] = {0};
unsigned char len = 0;

void loop()
{
sensorValue=0;
sum=0;
for(int i=0;i<60;i++)
{
sensorValue=analogRead(GSR);
sum += sensorValue;
delay(5);
}
Serial.print(“sensorValue=”);
Serial.println((sum/60));
if ( ble_connected() )
{
ble_write( sum/60 );
}

ble_do_events();
delay(5000);
}

this is the code i am using. I somehow managed to correct the error. Now I came across with other error

D:\arduino\prgms\my_research\my_research.ino:4:22: fatal error: services.h: No such file or directory

#include <services.h>

and also here i am using PLX/DAQ tool to transfer the data from serial monitor to excel sheet. The tool was set to 9600 baud rate. So my serial monitor baud rate should be 9600.

If the baud rate is 9600, I am getting a foreign language.

Serial.begin(57600);

That's a funny way to spell "9600".

Read the instructions on how top post code and edit your post to add the code tags.

MorganS: That's a funny way to spell "9600".

Read the instructions on how top post code and edit your post to add the code tags.

Yes Sir. Thanks for the reply. Even though the code was showing errors like some missing library files. The serial monitor has displayed numerical values and some english sentences.

When i tried to remove errors by installing some library files like BLE SDK and RBL_nRF8001, suddenly serial monitor started acting like this.

I tried by changing the sentence to Serial.begin(9600), still i am struck with the same problem. It is displaying some foreign language.

gopiuzumaki: I tried by changing the sentence to Serial.begin(9600), still i am struck with the same problem. It is displaying some foreign language.

Try this simple program and see if it prints properly

void setup() {
   Serial.begin(9600);
   Serial.println("program starting");
}

void loop() {
  Serial.println("Hello");
  delay(1000);
}

When you have problems the first thing to do is simplify.

...R

Robin2: When you have problems the first thing to do is simplify.

...R

Actually, that's the second thing to do. The first is to think. Thinking leads to the (correct) decision to simplify.

From the serial monitor, select a baud rate that matches the one you have in your setup() of the program