Arduino Uno with GPS and GSM

Hello all, i am requesting the help from arduino member here… am having a project and am running out of time… plz help me , am interested in the arduino and will go deep into it later on but need to pass this hard time… first of all i have arduino UNO , and Iteadstudio GPS and GSM sheild model R3 developed with telefonica , the purpose of my project is to make arduino get the GPS location ( latitude and longitude coordinates) and pass them to the GSM sheild that will send an SMS to the desired phone number.

i am totally new to this… so any one who can help me with the connection and the code plz reply here are images of the components ,
and question: can i connect them on each other like {ardiuno/GSM/GPS or arduino/GPS/GSM} without getting any external connections or power source like in the images below???!?!

as said before, my purpose is to get the GPS location and receive it to my mobile phone via SMS from the GSM shield

thanks plz waiting for replies…

Arduino:

GSM Sheild:

GPS Sheild:

Arduino/GSM/GPS:

Arduino/GPS/GSM:

Have you acted on the advice given previously?

dannable: Have you acted on the advice given previously?

i am searching all over the net and wasting a lot of time to find a circuit or diagram of connections that i can follow to build it up.. but most are other kinds of GSM and GPS models so am not knowing whats the problem? compatibility with my components or mistakes with them thats why am asking for experts here a little help... sometimes i feel no one has used those components to build something like this..

Pictures of the components do little to tell if the components will work together. Links to the datasheets might convey the information required (pin usage, power requirements, etc.).

For starters that isn't an Arduino. It's a derivative but we'll assume it works like an Uno.

The Arduino GSM shield uses pins 2 & 3 for communication and pin 7 for reset. As long as the GPS shield doesn't use any of these pins you should be ok. You need a power supply capable of providing at least 700mA for this shield alone.

SoftwareSerial has limitations:

If using multiple software serial ports, only one can receive data at a time.

Are you still planning to use the accelerometer to detect a sudden deceleration?

groundfungus: Pictures of the components do little to tell if the components will work together. Links to the datasheets might convey the information required (pin usage, power requirements, etc.).

GPS Sheild: http://iteadstudio.com/store/images/produce/Shield/Shields/gpsshield/ArduinoGPSshield_DS.pdf GSM Sheild: http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/ArduinoGSMShield

dannable: For starters that isn't an Arduino. It's a derivative but we'll assume it works like an Uno.

The Arduino GSM shield uses pins 2 & 3 for communication and pin 7 for reset. As long as the GPS shield doesn't use any of these pins you should be ok. You need a power supply capable of providing at least 700mA for this shield alone.

SoftwareSerial has limitations: Are you still planning to use the accelerometer to detect a sudden deceleration?

yes but for the mean time i am planning on getting GPS location and receiving sms.. then i will implement anything else..

There's example code on the iTead site to get the GPS working.