Arduino Uno With Mac Issue.

I finally received my Arduino Uno today. I plugged the Uno into my mac and received a message about the network/modem connection being not configured. When i try to upload programs to the arduino it says that the board is not responding or communicating. I did countless research and i dont understand what the issues is. Help would be appreciated.
My mac---Macbook Air 2011 snow leopard 10.6.8

Did you choose the right port under Tools and the Serial Port.In my case I have to choose /dev/tty.usbmodem641

Captura de ecra? 2013-07-7, a?s 22.56.53.png

tjrusk12:
I plugged the Uno into my mac and received a message about the network/modem connection being not configured.

You click "Network Configuration", then Apply without changing anything.

tjrusk12:
When i try to upload programs to the arduino it says that the board is not responding or communicating.

You probably didn't select the serial port. If your serial port selection only shows Bluetooth, then you didn't do the above steps when the dialog appears. You should select the one that says something like "tty.usbmodem".

tjrusk12:
My mac---Macbook Air 2011 snow leopard 10.6.8

Totally irrelevant in this case.

I figured it out. Yeah I had selected the ports, board and network preferences. It seems that the problem was the arduino programming app. It needed to be updated. Thanks for the help though.