Arduino web site very slow

Here in the USA the whole kit and kabooddle wad down all day! And yes, I also see the same error message in personal messages page. I had one peson leave the forum for apparent lack of help. I can only hope he realizes it was not for lack of trying. Were things this bad when the forum was on YaBB?

It went down last night in the UK as well. The site owners are aware of it and I beleve are trying to fix it.
This morning I could only see about 10 unread posts but it seems to be working now. However the personal messages are still broken.

Apparently the forum was upgraded without any warning. I reckon it was down for 24 hours, but apparently they expected 20 minutes. So far it seems nice and fast, although that perhaps is because some people have given up trying to use it. Let's hope the next few days show that the new server is much better.

nice and fast for me. Even the emoticons loaded in record time.

It was down for about 24 hours, at least here in the States (or maybe just me in Arizona) - at about 1 am PDT on Sunday is when I noticed I wasn't getting anything (timeouts). Things stayed that way until the afternoon Sunday, when I was getting this weird "token" thing at the end of my URL on refresh. I later found with persistance that if I cleared my cache and my cookies (just the arduino.cc ones), I could bring up the main page and the forum as a guest, but as soon as I tried to login, things would break again. I watched the postings on the forum slowly trickle down to zero over the course of the hours before I went to bed. Woke up this morning, and found this - so I guess we're back. According to what I could find, they were doing a server migration (actually, name migration, I think - but maybe a server upgrade too - bad move to do both at same time) away from godaddy.com because of their SOPA support (at least, that's what I read on Massimo's twitter). SOPA strikes again...?

:smiley:

So that explain it... I was trying to get access last afternoon 2 PM - EST and again around 5 PM and at 9 PM and 10 PM - EST , try to login too, Now that did not work... I did get through only has a guess, and to my horror, NO a single member on-line .... ? What the .... ? :astonished: I am sure a few members maybe a "little" upset.

I hope everything is OK. Look fine now.

I am sure a few members maybe a "little" upset.

I wasn't upset, figured they were finally getting around to trying to improve the site performance, which has been quite a problem for awhile. An advance warning message would have been considerate of them but I'm just happy that the site/server was getting some of the attention it needed. So far it does seem to be working better.

Blessed be the one(s) who did the server upgrade/switch.

Now I can make a click and something useful happens XD

wow much better performance...Thank you!

Except the upload... I still can not upload files ( jpg, png ) into the system. =(

@retrolefty

I did use the time I usally go on-line to make a few DIY boards.

madworm:
Blessed be the one(s) who did the server upgrade/switch.

Now I can make a click and something useful happens XD

this.

I'm still getting intermittent "SMF cannot connect to database" errors, but things are definitely better.

Well it was good while it lasted ...

And for the Playground:

I hope they bought a LOT bigger server. Once speeds pick up, people will post more queries. It's like freeways (motorways) ... once you build them they fill up.

(This was yesterday, I couldn't even make this posting last night, it just timed out).

So basically we are getting more than we payed for!

It'll be fixed when they upgrade the UNO to a MEGA2560 :roll_eyes:

hej

I made a blog post explaining everything happening with the server recently:

Am pleased to say a noticeably quick response now and PM page seems to work fine . Thanks

I'm trying hard to respond to posts here, but:

Nothing happening ...

I can see the tumbleweeds rolling on the fields...

PS. the problem should be fixed now, no more delays!

Sluggish as hell out here, takes 20 to 30 seconds easily for a page to load