Arduino with PoE not starting

Hi guys,

So like the title says i'm having issues powering my Arduino with PoE (power over ethernet)

I have bought an PoE Midspan injector - 4-Channel Power-over-Ethernet Midspan Injector (Double Sided) – SuperHouse Automation

My power source is a 250w source (12V DC)

If i plug my power source into the PoE Midspan injector and than i connect Arduino to the PoE Midspan injector using an ethernet cable my Arduino doesn't starts.

If i plug my power source directly into Arduino it starts

If i plug an LED button into the PoE Midspan injector the button has power

Do i need a better power source for my Arduino (if yes what would you recommend) ?

The arduino PoE is REAL PoE, so you need an injector or Ethernet switch that actually supports 802.3af, not just a wiring hack that connects a power supply to the extra pairs…

i was watching this - SuperHouse #25: Rack mount Arduino / MQTT light switch controller for home automation - YouTube and it seems that for him is working

attached you can see how i have setup this.

IMG_20180405_233525.jpg

i was watching this - SuperHouse #25: Rack mount Arduino / MQTT light switch controller for home automation - YouTube and it seems that for him is working

He's using the Freetronics Arduino-like boards, which have a more flexible PoE setup.

From one of the Freetronics product pages:

Note that just like our Ethernet Shield with PoE support, the EtherMega provides a number of options for different Power over Ethernet methods. You can use the supplied jumpers and feed 7-28Vdc down the wire for cheap DIY version, or you can use our PoE Regulator 802.3AF along with a proper commercial PoE injector or switch that supplies 48Vdc. It's up to you.

See their tutorial (although the part about 802.3af is ... brief.)

yeah i read that article. any idea on how to make this work ? since i dont want to order that arduino board all the way from Australia.