auto cut-off cellphone battery charger using arduino uno

hi. i have a problem with my final year project. i'm starting to make a cellphone battery charger but i don't know what component or schematic diagram should i start. It also my first time using arduino. i want to start the circuit by connecting from ac power supply. then, connecting to the voltage regulator to control the voltage and connected to arduino. i also doesn't know any coding for arduino. i hope someone can help me.

What would be the goal of that?
If you got a voltage regulator let it charge till it's full and then stop charging.

Could you be more specific on what you want?

You want to design/build a charger for cell phone batteries and you see an Arduino as key component of this project ? Is that it ?

Well, I guess you have to look at the optimal charging characteristics for cell phone batteries and then see how an Arduino could be applied here.

Most cell phones come with quite good chargers already, so you'd better find some way of distinguishing your invention from these.

6v6gt:
You want to design/build a charger for cell phone batteries and you see an Arduino as key component of this project ? Is that it ?

Well, I guess you have to look at the optimal charging characteristics for cell phone batteries and then see how an Arduino could be applied here.

Most cell phones come with quite good chargers already, so you'd better find some way of distinguishing your invention from these.

The cell phones I have seen all have the charger built into the phone. Otherwise the temperature of the battery cannot be monitored. Furthermore, the USB connection also provides charging current if that is plugged in and the cell phone needs to be charged.

The OP needs to delve a bit more into cell phone design.

Paul

Do you want to make a charger, as in the rectangle or cubic shape ac adapter between an ac (100V-240V) outlet and a smart phone (5V)? That seems abundant in the market. There has to be something else that you didn't tell us.

I want to make the charger automatic disconnect with the cellphone and make the open circuit like circuit breaker. When the cell phone battery reach 100%, it will automatic cut off. An arduino will control the circuit to disconnected.

liudr:
Do you want to make a charger, as in the rectangle or cubic shape ac adapter between an ac (100V-240V) outlet and a smart phone (5V)? That seems abundant in the market. There has to be something else that you didn’t tell us.

OK, have you thought about how that might work? I mean conceptually, not which components to use. What is the real concept of the charger?

Is it supposed to use less power?
Is it supposed to save the battery or cycle the battery in some way?

What is it supposed to do when it's reconnected?

A charger is supposed to supply a constant voltage to the phone up to a certain max power(current). If you redefine what a charge can do, how will the phone know and react to this change? Do you also intend to write some phone app to take advantage of the redefined phone charger function?

If I understand correctly, when the phone completes charging, it will consume power from the charger instead of from the battery. It doesn't seem like a problem. If you disconnect the charger, assuming you found a way to know when the battery charges full, then the phone will run on battery again. Then some unknown time later, the battery is low, at least not 100%. Would the user be mad when he finds out his phone is not completely charged or not?