I've started a new project: Auto Grow.
Here is my current status:
This is my first ever project in electronics and I have several questions, before I'll start, some background:
I'm going to use this 12V 2A DC power supply.
I need to split the current into 5V (once I'll migrate to Arduino pro mini I'll switch to 3.3V) and keep current at 12V for motors.
So the power supply will power the motors directly (Using mosfets - see picture) while using this Step-down-converter to reduce the voltage into 5V which I'll use to power the following items:
- Arduino Uno R3
- Open the gate of IRLZ44N Mosfet
- SD Reader 3.3/5V 200mA based on Datasheet
- ESP-01S ESP8266 5V/3.3V 300mA
- LCD (Based on 3-4 datasheets I saw) ~300mA
- RTC 3.3/5V 300mA
So.. My questions are:
- Am I doing right by using the Step down converter? Or should I just plug the 12V directly to the arduino (take into account that later I'll switch to Pro mini which will require 3.3V..
- Any idea if the motor current is really 80mA (I've checked several sources - and all the same)..
- Is there any issue I should expect while running the morots (i.e noise in the system)?
- Do I need a bigger (3A, 4A etc.) Outlet Power supply?
- Do I need a bigger (3A, 4A etc.) step-down?
- Is there anything I should worry while working with Outlet power supply (electric shock or similar)?
- Based on the image, Did I plugged things right (so far)?
Thanks in advance!