I can't find anywhere in the profile settings to change my avatar. Is it missing or am I being dense?

And whoever fixes the karma deserves a whole heap of it :slight_smile:

And whoever fixes the karma deserves a whole heap of it :slight_smile:

You can see your own karma, do you feel the need to display your karma to others?

zoomkat:
You can see your own karma, do you feel the need to display your karma to others?

Really? Where you can see it?

Click on your's (or anyone's) avatar.

Weedpharma

zoomkat:

Karma has energy that surrounds us and binds us. :slight_smile:

If we are going to have two "add karma" buttons we may as well see what they are doing.

How about one karma button for the thread (if you found it informative/useful) and the other karma button for a person as normal. :smiling_imp:

How about 49 karma buttons to match the smileys?

Don

Karma has energy that surrounds us and binds us.

Oh, I didn't know the Karma Sutra had a bondage chapter. :-[

Powerful stuff, it is.

:slight_smile:

How about 49 karma buttons to match the smileys?

:art:

LarryD:
:art:

Now please tell me why you picked that particular smiley. Is there something significant about that one or would one of the others have been just as suitable?

Don

I "started" to smile when I read this.
There was a an earlier discussion as why we need all the faces when there was a more pressing need to fix the forum software rather than having :slight_smile: :wink: :smiley: :money_mouth_face: :cry: etc.

And that discussion has been ignored along with many of the other problems.

Can anyone explain why some are in png format, others are gifs, and some are even in both formats? Why would one choose 'wink.gif' over 'smiley-wink.png' or vice versa?

Don

I can't personally see the difference between :-[ and :blush:

I can't really see the difference between most of them - and neither will the rest of you as your eyes age.

Don

I can't personally see the difference between :-[ and :blush:

The one on the right is a bit taller.

I haven't quite figured out :o and :astonished: either.

I can only see one reason.

To make it easier for people used to different methods of writing a smiley. The .gif version uses what looks like messenger style smiley's, whereas the .png versions use a BBC style code.

** **:-[    :blush: 8)    :sunglasses: :-X    :simley-zipper:** **

Which produces:
:-[ :blush:
8) :sunglasses:
:-X :zipper_mouth_face:

However as the translation for a post is done server side ( smiley code to image URL ), the editor should force the user to use one version (users wouldn't even know) and you could still explicitly write the smiley code you prefer.

The additional problem, is the tags aren't mapped to a single image, so my example above uses 6 separate images.