avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding when uploading sketch

I am trying to upload a sketch into my Uno R3. But when I click Upload, the Rx LED flashes 3 times and the TX LED is not flashing. The Uno is still running my previous sketch normally and I tried the loopback test and it works fine.

When the RX led flashes the arduino resets and then the IDE says

Binary sketch size: 7,286 bytes (of a 32,256 byte maximum) avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding

I can upload sketches a week or so ago but now it's not working... I'm using Ubuntu 13.04 with Arduino IDE 1.0.5 My Board and Serial Port are set to the right one and my computer can recognize The Arduino....

Can anyone help me to solve this problem?

After checking for a while, I found out that all my software and hardware were working. Just that sometimes I take the microcontroller out for some stuffs and when I put it back I did not press it in enough so it can make full contact with the socket... now my Arduino is running normally again

i have the same problem but it is not solved yet i got this error message Binary sketch size: 1,084 bytes (of a 32,256 byte maximum) avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00\

how can i fix it

hi guys ....

I have a similar items with my mega compatible board before, but after struggling over I have manage to take my board back in normal with changing the AUTORESET CAPACITOR 100nF

see here http://www.arvydas.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/arduino-reset-mod.jpg or you can google it.

I think my capacitor is defective.

Just give a try and hope you can solve this issue

FWIW,

I was getting this same error on an Uno with a BLEShield. I had an oscilloscope probe connected to pins G and 2. Removing both allowed the download to complete.

I am guessing that noise on the gnd connection was causing some form of problem.