Bluetooth arduino

hey guys how to read the signal from a Bluetooth module connected to an arduino the module is (hc-05) i wanted to make a robot navigate inside the house by reading the signal.please help.thanks in advance

manansh: hey guys how to read the signal from a Bluetooth module connected to an arduino the module is (hc-05) i wanted to make a robot navigate inside the house by reading the signal.please help.thanks in advance

What signal? You can't just duct-tape a Bluetooth module to the Arduino and expect anything useful to happen.

If you've done anything different than that, feel free to provide some useful details.

PaulS:
What signal? You can’t just duct-tape a Bluetooth module to the Arduino and expect anything useful to happen.

If you’ve done anything different than that, feel free to provide some useful details.

i wanted to read the signal strength,after that the robot moves in all directions (by trial and error )
and continues moving in the direction in which the strength increases.thanks in advance

manansh: moves in all directions (by trial and error )

I'm struggling to imagine a more pointless exercise, but I saw the other day that it apparently is possible to read distance between an iphone and a bluetooth BLE module, and you don't even need an arduino, which I guess you can keep for more useful duties.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTAtO0fblN0

I recognise it is the other way round, but it might be a start.

Nick_Pyner: I'm struggling to imagine a more pointless exercise, but I saw the other day that it apparently is possible to read distance between an iphone and a bluetooth BLE module, and you don't even need an arduino, which I guess you can keep for more useful duties.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTAtO0fblN0

I recognise it is the other way round, but it might be a start.

i saw the video ,but i want to measure the distance from one arduino to the arduino.(both have hc-05 and would be connected).is this possible

Probably not and, if it was possible I submit it would be a hopelessly unreliable waste of time. For starters Arduino communicates with bluetooth via the serial port using digital data and about the only distance information in that will be when communication fails due to the device being out of range. It’s not Arduino’s job to measure signal strength to communicate, it’s your job to ensure it doesn’t need to. Having two HC-05’s connected may be the last thing you want. You will notice that the bluetooth in the video isn’t connected to anything, either physically or by radio, it is just sqwarking into cyberspace hoping some idiot with an iPhone is nearby with nothing better to do. I understand even the HC-05 can sniff signal strength of nearby devices but that is in AT mode, not communication mode.

There was a thread on this matter a couple of months ago, I think.

Nick_Pyner: Probably not and, if it was possible I submit it would be a hopelessly unreliable waste of time. For starters Arduino communicates with bluetooth via the serial port using digital data and about the only distance information in that will be when communication fails due to the device being out of range. It's not Arduino's job to measure signal strength to communicate, it's your job to ensure it doesn't need to. Having two HC-05's connected may be the last thing you want. You will notice that the bluetooth in the video isn't connected to anything, either physically or by radio, it is just sqwarking into cyberspace hoping some idiot with an iPhone is nearby with nothing better to do. I understand even the HC-05 can sniff signal strength of nearby devices but that is in AT mode, not communication mode.

There was a thread on this matter a couple of months ago, I think.

thanks,then what should i do i wanted to make a robot which could come to its user (who has a arduino lilypad on his clotheswith a hc-05)inside the home so there is no way to use gps.what should i use.thnaks again

manansh: t.what should i use.thnaks again

manansh: ,then what should i do i

The first thing to do is check the robot section of this forum. There is bound to be some sensible ideas there - ideas with a lot less trial and error. I just use bluetooth to read live data and I don't know anything about robots.