bluetooth hc-05 not switching to AT command mode

Hi,
Im a beginner at Arduino and i am trying to access the AT command mode on a bluetooth HC-05 (ZS-040) via the development arenas serial communication tool. This is so i can access the settings and change a few things around such as name, pin, mode etc.

I have connected it to an arduino mega 2560 by:
EN (assuming 'KEY' ) - to 3.3 volts (for AT-command mode)
VCC - 3.3V
GND - GND
RX - 10 pin
TX - 11 pin
State - not used

From what i have read on forums and blogs, a voltage needs to be applied on the 'KEY' pin (in my case the 'EN' pin) on the HC-05, and the LED will blink every 2 seconds to notify that t is in AT-command mode, rather pairing mode (LED blinks rapidly).

I have tried with different boards, wires, changed voltage to 5V on the 'KEY' pin, and another HC-05 (ZS-040). However i still cannot get the HC-05 to switch to AT-command mode unlike all the blogs and youtube videos. The LED continues to blink rapidly rather the 2 second blink which is what im looking for.

Am I missing something ?

Surely both HC-05 modules are not faulty?

Any ideas on how this can be accomplished ?

Also hopefully i posted this in the right section.

regards
Kav

i think i might have answered my own question thanks to further reading on arduinos forums...

Arduino with HC-05 (ZS-040) Bluetooth module – AT MODE | Martyn Currey has a few solutions. will let you know if its a success

yes, use this : Arduino with HC-05 (ZS-040) Bluetooth module – AT MODE | Martyn Currey

got the module to switch to AT Command mode.

hi, if u having trouble in making into AT mode of HC-05 (ZS-040)(especiall if one having en/wakeup up pin instead of key pin) and trouble in transfering data between two hc05 module . Follow they bellow procedure
Power off HC-05 module.
Press and hold small button above EN pin.
Power on and keep pressing small button.
Small LED should start to blink slowly about once every 2 seconds.

for more info visit below site:

another good reference for making it into master mode is here:

aftermaking connection if you stuck in transmitting data from one module to another see below:
http://www.martyncurrey.com/connecting-2-arduinos-by-bluetooth-using-a-hc-05-and-a-hc-06-easy-method-using-cmode/

bhuvaneshnick:
hi, if u having trouble in making into AT mode of HC-05 (ZS-040)(especiall if one having en/wakeup up pin instead of key pin) and trouble in transfering data between two hc05 module . Follow they bellow procedure
Power off HC-05 module.
Press and hold small button above EN pin.
Power on and keep pressing small button.
Small LED should start to blink slowly about once every 2 seconds.

for more info visit below site:
Lost in bits: Connect ATmega328 with HC-05 (ZS-040) Bluetooth module

another good reference for making it into master mode is here:
BlueTooth Module HC-05 – AT Commands | alselectro

aftermaking connection if you stuck in transmitting data from one module to another see below:
Connecting 2 Arduinos by Bluetooth using a HC-05 and a HC-06: Easy Method Using CMODE – Martyn Currey

That's not good enough. What if a controller wants to do this? How to reach the switch then ?
This really sucks. It doesn't enter into AT command mode without pushing the key.

mostafanfs:
What if a controller wants to do this?

Yes, there is still a place in this world for the JY-MCU backboard.

Hello Friends

I tried entering into AT command mode by using both the methods mentioned above, but failed. My HC-05 module is not entering into AT command mode. Whenever I power on the module by pressing key/EN switch it starts normally and there is no such kind of delayed blink.

Please tell me what wrong I am doing. I tried all the methods posted above in the forum.

nigammonish0:
Hello Friends

I tried entering into AT command mode by using both the methods mentioned above, but failed. My HC-05 module is not entering into AT command mode. Whenever I power on the module by pressing key/EN switch it starts normally and there is no such kind of delayed blink.

Please tell me what wrong I am doing. I tried all the methods posted above in the forum.

Did you get it working? I have the same problem