Bourns EAW Encoder I2C Issues

I am attempting to use the Bourns EAW and PCF8574 board using I2C as written as an example in this repo. I am not modifying the code at all. I cannot get this repo to compile on my Arduino 1.8.12 software.

Using ace128_0x20 under example folder.

I keep getting an error of:

no matching function for call to 'ACE128::ACE128(int, uint8_t*)'

referencing line ACE128 myACE(ACE_ADDR, (uint8_t*)encoderMap_12345678); // I2C without using EEPROM

Any advice would be helpful. I am not much of a seasoned coder just tinkering and trying to get this to work. Thank in advance.

What I found is when I went to verify your issue, I could confirm the error with my initial test. I had previously installed V2.0 of ACE128.h (under an unknown ide version) before I upgraded to 1.8.12.

After confirming your error, I installed v 1.7 of the ACE128.h and could compile the examples. I then reinstalled v2.0 and found that the example which gave the error now compiled correctly.

I have no explanation, but my advice is to delete the ACE128 library, and reinstall v 2.0 using the library manager.

cattledog:
What I found is when I went to verify your issue, I could confirm the error with my initial test. I had previously installed V2.0 of ACE128.h (under an unknown ide version) before I upgraded to 1.8.12.

After confirming your error, I installed v 1.7 of the ACE128.h and could compile the examples. I then reinstalled v2.0 and found that the example which gave the error now compiled correctly.

I have no explanation, but my advice is to delete the ACE128 library, and reinstall v 2.0 using the library manager.

Dude! You are amazing. So simple I couldn't see it. I checked over the code but I did just that and deleted the repo and added it back and it compiles perfectly. Thank you!