Breadboard alternative

Hi to all !
For a project of mine I'm using a breadbord only to power the components. There is a valid alternative for this ? I want a more compact footprint and a way to simplify the wiring of the project.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks !

Have you looked at Perfboards?

Hi,
"Protoboards" or "Perf (perforated with lotsa holes) boards" are good. Examples HERE:

Make sure they have "plated thru" holes which means both sizes of the hole are connected together almost like a hollow rivet.

There are also Protoboards that have the same layout as a breadboard so you can get something working and then move all the parts over.

DISCLAIMER: Mentioned stuff from my own shop...

Some circuits will fit on a DIP socket. The holes will hold leads on resistors, leds, jumper pins and some size staples as well as chips. The pins underneath can be soldered to.
An ATtiny85 and a 74HC595 use 24 pins, I've fit 3 8-pin tiny's on a 24-pin socket so the tiny and register might fit too. They do make 40 and 44 pin narrow DIP sockets if you have to fit it on one. And then there's SIP sockets, be as wide or narrow as you need.
Glue a stick for mounting under the socket before soldering bypass caps and all underneath. If it's metal you can make it a ground plane/mount to screw to a grounded case.

That would be for little things, not a rat nest.

Depending on what you're doing, you may find my prototyping boards interesting. They are similar to a permanent breadboard, and that's my go-to for prototyping (I made them when I was running out of similar protoboard, and went off looking for more, and realized that I couldn't get quality protoboard for a sane price). The soldered connections are of course much more reliable than breadboard connections (I don't touch breadboard for that reason)

You can buy them from my tindie shop: tindie.com/stores/drazzy , I've got a lot of different styles, sizes, and shapes for sale linked off that page.

Of course, the best protoboard in the world (if I do say so myself :wink: ) has only limited room to make your project physically smaller. To shrink it further, that calls for a custom PCB, probably with SMD parts. Both design of the PCB and soldering SMD parts at home (look up "drag soldering") have a learning curve, but also a pretty big payoff in terms of what you're able to do.

Very nice DrAzzy.