Breadboarding and powering stepper motors

Hi all! I'll be powering two stepper motors via two stepper motor drivers rated at 1.68A each and receives between 10-47V from the power supply. I'm also using the Arduino Uno which receives a total current of about 200mA - based on my research - when powered by an AC to DC adaptor. In order to fulfil the current and voltage requirements of all the components, I'm planning to use a single 12V AC-to-DC adaptor rated at 4A (approx. 1.68+1.68+0.2) to power all components through split cables. I'm worried that my breadboard wont be able to handle this high a current. Direct wiring without a breadboard would look extremely messy given the number of connections that need to be made. Are any of you aware of breadboards capable of handling such high currents/ alternate ways of wiring? Alternatively, could I power the components differently? Thanks!

Breadboard tracks are intended for quick and temporary experiments with logic circuits and will burn at such high currents. Either solder motor wires directly to the motor driver, or use screw terminals.

I cheat when I do this, I use the board but solder 22 AWG solid wire to the tracks to handle the current. Messy but it works.

Breadboards don't have tracks, they have recessed spring contact strips - are you talking about taking
these out the back of the breadboard, soldering wires to then, and replacing?

An option for you might be a CNC shield with DRV8825 drivers.

You can wrie your own code for the shield, you do not have to use grbl.

gilshultz:
I cheat when I do this, I use the board but solder 22 AWG solid wire to the tracks to handle the current. Messy but it works.

I think Gil was mixing up bread board with strip board.